Go for Express Entry as single applicant even if you are married

Raw_Know

May 21, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,

Currently I have 384 points if I declare as married and having a kid but I am not using my wife's qualification to get extra points.
Can I show myself as single applicant which will help me to push my points to 408 , increasing changes of PNP?
Once I get my PR, take my family using visitor visa and after 1 month convert their visa to dependent.
Is this legal and feasible?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
You'd be misrepresenting if you apply as a single applicant when you're not only married but also have a child. Doing this will get you in trouble with the Canadian immigration authorities. Also, sponsoring your family after PR is a lengthy process and takes up to a year.

I'd recommend that you include both your wife and child in the application and work towards improving your score.

If you haven't maxed out your IELTS score, retake the test - a CLB9 will boost your CRS substantially.

Request your spouse to take IELTS too if she hasn't already or has scored less than CLB9. If she has a an undergraduate diploma or a Bachelor's degree, you will get points for that too.

Good luck.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You can apply as a married applicant with non-accompanying dependents - you cannot apply as a single applicant. If your family is non-accompanying, it will take you a year or more to get them a PR card through family sponsorship

kilbil

Mar 10, 2019
Hi,

Can you plse advise me
Currently I am in Quebec and have 429 points if I add my spouse as accompanying.
Can I show myself as single applicant without adding spouse which will help me to push my points to 459 , increasing changes of PNP?
Once I get my PR, Sponsor my family later
Will this work ?