GLOBAL TALENT STREAM VISA- DELAY - Please share experience

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
Do we need medical test when applying from US . Please let me know if you have any idea . Mine is LMIA work permit and SOWP for my wife submitted together in august 2020
Biometrics given in august last week .
i have not received any other response after that .
I am thinking of submitting the medical test upfront .

Saketh22

Nov 3, 2020
Hello, Atleast in my case (Applied from United States) I did not have to submit any medical tests since I haven't travelled anywhere recently outside US

Burhan230

Nov 3, 2020
Hello Guys,
I have a question. I had applied for Global Talent Stream Visa for Canada 3 Months ago. We all know that the processing time for GTS is 2 weeks but now it's 3 months after biometric I am still awaiting a response from Embassy. Is anyone have an idea that how much it will take to process my visa or due to Covid the processing time will also increasing?

------------------My timeline--------------------
Application submitted online: August 04, 2020
Biometrics Letter: August 06, 2020
Completed Biometrics: August 10, 2020

Can anyone tell me how much time it will take?

Saketh22

Nov 3, 2020
Hello, I completed my application by submitting my biometrics on August 19th, 2020 . I am also still waiting on update from IRCC. I submitted a web form asking for reason in delay, they mentioned it was was due to COVID delays.

Atleat for a general work permit application, the website now says 14 weeks (80% applications) as processing time. So hopefully soon, Good luck.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Hello, I completed my application by submitting my biometrics on August 19th, 2020 . I am also still waiting on update from IRCC. I submitted a web form asking for reason in delay, they mentioned it was was due to COVID delays.

Atleat for a general work permit application, the website now says 14 weeks (80% applications) as processing time. So hopefully soon, Good luck.
way too long bro I have filed in April 2020, done with all steps received biometric correspondence letter on oct 26th still no further update after that.

Saketh22

Nov 3, 2020
way too long bro I have filed in April 2020, done with all steps received biometric correspondence letter on oct 26th still no further update after that.
Thanks for sharing the information bro, you mean you got the letter you need to submit the biometrics in October?

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Thanks for sharing the information bro, you mean you got the letter you need to submit the biometrics in October?
nope, its a biometric validation letter which states your biometric is valid for the next 10 years.

the one you are talking about is a biometric instruction letter - for giving biometrics.

Nov 17, 2020
Applied for a GTS visa early this year. I received my Biometric Instruction Letter in March but just gave my Biometrics last Friday.

I'm still waiting for any updates after completing the biometrics part, but I have no idea has long is going to take the processing.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Applied for a GTS visa early this year. I received my Biometric Instruction Letter in March but just gave my Biometrics last Friday.

I'm still waiting for any updates after completing the biometrics part, but I have no idea has long is going to take the processing.
Your Medical passed? after passing medical first you will get a biometric validation letter which states biometrics are valid for 10 years. after that wait time varies there are a lot of people who are waiting for months after biometrics so just anticipate at least 2 -3 months

Nov 17, 2020
Your Medical passed? after passing medical first you will get a biometric validation letter which states biometrics are valid for 10 years. after that wait time varies there are a lot of people who are waiting for months after biometrics so just anticipate at least 2 -3 months
My application in MyCIC says I don't need a Medical Exam, but I sent them along with the rest of my application back in March. I did not receive my biometrics validation yet, but inside MyCIC says it's completed.

Thanks for letting me know the average wait time! The only thing left to do is hope that It goes quicker than it has been for others.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
My application in MyCIC says I don't need a Medical Exam, but I sent them along with the rest of my application back in March. I did not receive my biometrics validation yet, but inside MyCIC says it's completed.

Thanks for letting me know the average wait time! The only thing left to do is hope that It goes quicker than it has been for others.
yes all the best, after receiving the biometric validation letter wait time is at least month.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019

I had to wait more than three months after BVL. But for Nigerian, it is typically slow