+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global talent Stream LMIA ( express entry )

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi all,

If I receive a permanent ( indefinite length ) job offer, through the Global Talent Stream process, can I use that LMIA in express entry ? I think the answer is no, but not really sure, as the express entry criteria seems to contradict the Global Talent Stream criteria.

Is there any way that I could check this, as there is no real information on the CIC website, beyond just an explanation of the process.

Has anybody been through the GTS process on these forums ?

sandymadis

Jul 19, 2018
Hi Closingtime,

Did you get an answer to your question above? I also have the same query - "The positive LMIA received towards Global Talent Stream Work Permit can be used in the express entry application to receive additional 50 points?". Would be grateful if you can share new findings, if any.

Thanks!

ug_roots

Mar 7, 2018
Hello Gunneri

Kindly tell us more. Did you do it and were you successful or did you call cic and confirmed.

We've seen some confusing threads on the internet some saying that you can't. That's why we would like to e certain before we loose our $550 in pr processing fees.

Thanks in advance.

gunneri

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Hello Gunneri

Kindly tell us more. Did you do it and were you successful or did you call cic and confirmed.

We've seen some confusing threads on the internet some saying that you can't. That's why we would like to e certain before we loose our $550 in pr processing fees.

Thanks in advance.
Sent you a message.

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
@gunneri Could you explain how GTS LMIA could be used for additional 50 points ? GTS LMIA usually states "Temporary Foreign Worker Program" not "Federal Skilled Worker". Can the GTS LMIA for temporary foreign worker program be used towards the additional 50 points if one has a job offer letter stating that employment is assured atleast for 1 year after obtaining PR ?

Thanks

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
You can for sure use that LMIA for Express Entry. You must have worked for that employer (listed on the WP) for 1 year after they offered you the job and you applied for WP(where GTS would ensure you get the application approved in 2 weeks). Your employer does not need to get a new LMIA for you to use for EE. You do however need to get a NEW job offer from the same employer stating they will continue to hire you for at least 1 year after you get your PR.