+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Giving IELTS exam after receiving ITA - Score related question

KosmaMore

Sep 16, 2018
Hi,

I received my ITA 2 weeks ago and I had already registered for my IELTS exam for an upcoming week. Now, my dilemma is if my IELTS score goes below with the one in my express entry profile, will I be denied PR?

Do I have the liberty to choose which IELTS score to provide in my PR application?

I have registered for British Council IELTS.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Kosma

Last edited:

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi,

I received my ITA 2 weeks ago and I had already registered for my IELTS exam for an upcoming week. Now, my dilemma is if my IELTS score goes below with the one in my express entry profile, will I be denied PR?

Do I have the liberty to choose which IELTS score to provide in my PR application?

Thank you,
Ankur
No Impact, keep your current IELTS score that you used to get ITA.

dupsyglowinus

May 9, 2020
Hi,

Thank you,
Kosma
Congrats. Why do you want to change the IELTS that got you ITA? Just curious. Well if you write another IELTS exam and you get higher scores, I think that will be admissible. Best of Luck.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

Thank you,
Kosma
whether your new IELTS score is higher or lower, you will not be able to change unless you decline the ITA. your score is the basis on which an ITA was issued, changing that score skews up CiC matrix. your choice is to accept with old score or decline ITA and update new score.