+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

giving birth while application in process

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
hey everyone, iam about to give birth within the next month. my husband is in egypt and our application is still in process. does anyone know if my husband has to be here in canada to be on the birth certificate or to register the birth or even to be included on the passport?? can he print these forms from the internet, sign them and send them?? i have thought about not including my husband on anything which would make it easier to travel and get all these forms finished. but then wouldnt i have to submit the babys birth certificate listing him as the father to the IO?? please help im so confused:((

I

iarblue

You can get the forms once you given birth,fill them in FED EX them to him to sign and fed ex them back to you but he does not need to be present.

Amunrikaz

Jul 20, 2010
Hi Kelsey199200,

I am in the same situation. Instead of doing the manual process i.e., filling the forms and sending it through FEDEx. I would suggest you to do the birth application process online. If you are in Ontario process you will be able to do 4-in-1 registration process online. This includes doing birth registration, birth certificate, CCB and SIN all at the same time. Birth registration, CCB and SIN is free of cost. Birth certificate will cost you $25 for short-form and $35 for long-form. I think you will need long-form for passport application. You can pay through credit card.

Do a Google for "Newborn Registration Service" Ontario Canada click the first link and it has all the information regarding the 4-in-1 online registration for Ontario province.

** Note that it says that to include both parents, both should be present while submitting it online.
** Doing online registration will cut down the processing time greatly. It says you can get birth certificate, SIN, CCB in 15 days once the birth gets registered.

I talked with ServiceOntario and they told me it can take between 6 to 8 weeks for birth registration. But if you show them some kind of emergency they will make some consideration.

I Hope this helps.