+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Giving biometrics?

chelctron

Sep 21, 2016
Hey everybody. I am so close to being able to send in my complete application. As of right now I am a temporary resident in Canada living with my husband who is sponsoring me to become a permanent resident. I am very confused about the biometrics process and where I need to go to give them. The cic.ca website doesn't really tell me how to pay for the fee (if it does I'm completely missing it) and I'm very nervous about screwing it up...just a bad experience with obtaining my identity history summary from the FBI I didn't do things in the right order and it really delayed my progress. Can someone from the U.S who applied for permanent residency in Canada tell me how you prepared your biometrics?

ju_mark

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
The really fast one
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued: 20-07-2014
LANDED..........
Sept 11, 2014 (Tsawassen)
Thanks a lot for the links. I am in the process of renewing my PR and live in Canada. I was wondering what this means (I found it under the link you posted - when I enter the province I live in it gives me only POEs for biomentrics and all of them state the following):

"Only certain students and workers are eligible to apply at a POE. Make sure you’re eligible before you go. While applying at a POE, you can give your biometrics. You must start and finish your application at the same POE."

This is what is stated for all applicable places where I can give my biometrics. As I am not planning to leave Canada to do this I am quite confused whether the places listed for BC are the correct ones for giving biometrics for a renewal of a PR card. Thanks for any ideas on this :)