+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Giving biometrics at 15. PR Renewal

picoyahhh

Aug 11, 2022
So I came to Canada when I was 9 years old and became Permanent Resident. I’m now 15 years old and my PR card has expired.

My question is, do I have to pay and give biometrics when I renew my PR?

On the website it shows some exceptions on who are required to give biometrics and few of the conditions apply to me.

The information below is taken from the Government of Canada Website

- you were younger than 14 years when we received your application for permanent residence
- you’re now 14 years or older
you’re applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So I came to Canada when I was 9 years old and became Permanent Resident. I’m now 15 years old and my PR card has expired.

My question is, do I have to pay and give biometrics when I renew my PR?

On the website it shows some exceptions on who are required to give biometrics and few of the conditions apply to me.

The information below is taken from the Government of Canada Website

- you were younger than 14 years when we received your application for permanent residence
- you’re now 14 years or older
you’re applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal
This is the full rule which should answer your question:

However, you’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the biometrics fee if
  • you were less than 14 years old when we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after July 31, 2018, AND
  • you’re now older than 14 years old and are applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html