+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Given Names" on Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
The "Name" section on IMM 5475 - Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual is formatted strangely, and I'm not sure how to approach it. It looks like this -

Family Name (Surname):
Given Name(s)
Given Name(s)

How do you fill this in? Does your first name go in the upper "given names" field and your middle name in the second "Given names" field? Why would they break it out like this?

I'm assuming that you enter your last name in the top field, your first name in the second field, and your middle name in the third field. Is that how it works?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How do you fill this in? Does your first name go in the upper "given names" field and your middle name in the second "Given names" field? Why would they break it out like this?

I'm assuming that you enter your last name in the top field, your first name in the second field, and your middle name in the third field. Is that how it works?
Again, overthinking.

The way we filled this was indeed first name in first line, middle name in second. It was not returned and we have not been otherwise punished or reprimanded.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
In the face of this ambiguity, the question one should ask oneself is 'could it possibly matter'?
Well, I ask that question, and get myself into all sorts of thought territory. With the delays in processing right now, I just don't want to have my packet sent back. Admittedly, I'm getting pretty deep into the weeds on this one.

Again, overthinking.

The way we filled this was indeed first name in first line, middle name in second. It was not returned and we have not been otherwise punished or reprimanded.
Thanks.

I don't have to tell you this, but I overthink like a crazyperson. I've been through immigration once before to the U.S.A., and I'm a fiend about the details, so it's a bad combination here.