+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Give back time- Seneca College doubts

bhavin_business

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I have been helped here a lot, and now it is time to give back to the forum.

I came in january intake, PG course in marketing management, Seneca College.

So if any doubts regarding seneca, lifestyle, expenses, transportation, toronto in particular and visa process shoot your questions.

I have very less knowledge regarding further PR process, so wont be able to help you in it, because I dont want to misguide you.

Thanks in advance

hammadi_16

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear I got admission in Seneca, please help me calculating and budgeting the expenses for my living along with part time job opportunities. Thanks

786ravi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
New Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
General category-Paper-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
File Transfer...
02-07-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront - June
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi ,
I have got acceptance letter from seneca college for biotech techn. research 3yrs program and i am paying 1st semester fees through bank loan (4lac) , rest of financial help is getting through my father (assets approx 5cr). I am applying for general visa. what are the possibilities of getting visa?
IELTS 6 going to retake soon for better score.
would you please guide me ?

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
bhavin_business said:
Hey,

I have been helped here a lot, and now it is time to give back to the forum.

I came in january intake, PG course in marketing management, Seneca College.

So if any doubts regarding seneca, lifestyle, expenses, transportation, toronto in particular and visa process shoot your questions.

I have very less knowledge regarding further PR process, so wont be able to help you in it, because I dont want to misguide you.

Thanks in advance
I got admitted into the Sam program. How's the course?

bhavin_business

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hammadi_16 said:
Dear I got admission in Seneca, please help me calculating and budgeting the expenses for my living along with part time job opportunities. Thanks
Rent will be around 350-400$, still depends upon the locality you stay and how many you share it with. Living near newnham campus is bit expensive, and living in residence is 850$. Living near york campus is cheaper, so choose according to campus.

Mobile bill (with your own phone) and reasonable plan -45$ per month

Transportation, TTC pass - 108$ per month

Groceries, now that to depends upon you, generally -100$ per month

bhavin_business

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wash an said:
I got admitted into the Sam program. How's the course?
Course is really good, starts off slowly but will catch speed. It can get really hectic, won't get much time to work. it has really good co-op opps.

bhavin_business

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
786ravi said:
Hi ,
I have got acceptance letter from seneca college for biotech techn. research 3yrs program and i am paying 1st semester fees through bank loan (4lac) , rest of financial help is getting through my father (assets approx 5cr). I am applying for general visa. what are the possibilities of getting visa?
IELTS 6 going to retake soon for better score.
would you please guide me ?
Why aren't you applying through SPP? What is your background? Still it looks good but need to know background.

786ravi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
New Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
File Transfer...
02-07-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront - June
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Soon
bhavin_business said:
Why aren't you applying through SPP? What is your background? Still it looks good but need to know background.
I am physician doctor, 2yrs work exp in diagnostic clinic. Ielts score is 6(w-5). Most of the people advice me to take admission in masters but i could'nt get which worries me about getting visa.

I have also got acceptance in fleming college biotech advance - forensic ,2yrs program but its fees is bit higher than Seneca college. I am totally confused now what should i do?

bhavin_business

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
786ravi said:
I am physician doctor, 2yrs work exp in diagnostic clinic. Ielts score is 6(w-5). Most of the people advice me to take admission in masters but i could'nt get which worries me about getting visa.

I have also got acceptance in fleming college biotech advance - forensic ,2yrs program but its fees is bit higher than Seneca college. I am totally confused now what should i do?
One of the major reasons of not getting into masters is your IELTS score. For universities you need overall 7 and not less than 6.5
Yes go for universities if you can afford the fees. Being a doctor you are taking a diploma course which is lesser to your bachelor degree in India. There will be visa problems due to this.

Either take PG course in a college or go for universities.

786ravi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
New Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
File Transfer...
02-07-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront - June
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Soon
bhavin_business said:
One of the major reasons of not getting into masters is your IELTS score. For universities you need overall 7 and not less than 6.5
Yes go for universities if you can afford the fees. Being a doctor you are taking a diploma course which is lesser to your bachelor degree in India. There will be visa problems due to this.

Either take PG course in a college or go for universities.
reason behind taking these courses is to set up biotech medical lab in new delhi. After doing this course i can easily register myself to Indian Council of Medical Research which enhance my clinic into research lab. This course is 3yrs and i have already talk with registrar to consider my admission in fast track that means i can start right away from 3rd semester.
What do you think about it, Do i still have problem to get visa? I don't have plan's to settle down there coz i have to come back for my family and clinic.

nobody11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I got my offer letter from seneca college in computer enginerring technology co op i got 6.5 overall score in ielts can i get my visa

786ravi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
New Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
File Transfer...
02-07-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront - June
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Soon
nobody11 said:
I got my offer letter from seneca college in computer enginerring technology co op i got 6.5 overall score in ielts can i get my visa
you are eligible on the base of IELTS score if you have minimum 5.5 in any band. so If have then you wont be having problem in visa but still there are other factors which influence your visa process.

nobody11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Ok thnks bro here is my academic background 10th 69percnt
12*62 percent in ielts not less then 6 and one think i wire transferred money on 28 feb and still not received my gic how much i have to wait more