+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Girlfriend get her IEC visa but i had to provide more information.

Spud1987

Jan 18, 2019
Hi,
I've got some questions that maybe someone can answer or has been in the same situation and could help me understand.

My Girlfriend and I applied for our IEC at the same time. The other day I was asked to fill out and provide more information on my whereabouts from 2005-04 to 2019-02 and to fill out form IMM5257B section 8 (previous travel), whereas my girlfriend was approved her IEC visa yesterday.

Now what I find strange is, we have been together for five years (2014) and have travelled to the same countries in that time. So why do you think it is, that they approve one's visa but ask for more information from another?
Now I have uploaded my IMM5257B form with all the countries I've been to which is quite a few as we work for 3/4 months and travel to other countries, go back to our homeland (Ireland) work again for a few months and hit the road again.

One other issue someone can maybe shine some light on is, during the summers of 2014-2018 we always visited Canada for around 4 months at a time, as we really love the outdoors (actually we just love Canada). Each time we entered Canada we always got stopped by immigration and had to give details of why we are staying so long (which of course I understand since 4 months is a long time) after satisfying the officer and showing we had funds to support ourselves we were granted entry each time. Do you think this will be an issue for the immigration officer processing my IEC app looking at my "whereabouts" seeing i was in Canada each year maybe swaying their decision or will they be satisfied that I was allowed to enter Canada and left within the correct timeline?

I have also attached a letter with additional information with the form IMM5257B which I think will be helpful for them to process my application. On the attached letter, I was thinking of mentioning my girlfriend was approved her visa as I feel it may help with the decision since one's visa was approved with the same travel history. Do you think this is wise?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IMO - I would not include a note stating that your girlfriend's visa was approved with the same travel history. Her application is irrelevant. They are assessing your application and it sounds like there is something specific to your application that has triggered additional questions. I would limit your response to addressing the questions you have asked and providing information about your application.

Spud1987

Jan 18, 2019
IMO - I would not include a note stating that your girlfriend's visa was approved with the same travel history. Her application is irrelevant. They are assessing your application and it sounds like there is something specific to your application that has triggered additional questions. I would limit your response to addressing the questions you have asked and providing information about your application.
Yes scylla, I think I'll go with your advice and not mention anything about my girlfriend's application.
I guess I've been just trying to figure out what the difference could be. But maybe it just depends on the processing officer at the time.