+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift Deed

JuanLott

May 28, 2018
Hi All

I have a question regarding a gift deed.

Is it legal for my parent's to use money they borrowed from the bank as a loan or money they taking from a paid up mortgage to gift to me as my proof of funds?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
As long as the loan is in your parents' name and only they are responsible for paying it back and only they will be paying it back, that shouldn't be a problem then.

Reactions: JYLcarleton

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
As long as the loan is in your parents' name and only they are responsible for paying it back and only they will be paying it back, that shouldn't be a problem then.
I am also in a similar situation. Should I tell CIC that the POF funds I received was through a loan taken my father ? The money came to my account like this: Father's loan account-->Father's savings account-->My savings account

Unless they ask for my father's account statement, they won't find it. So should I tell about the loan in LOE or Gift deed ?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Like I said, all you need is to have the money transferred from your father to you and get from him a gift deed. If he took a bank loan for that, it's his responsibility, not yours and that's what counts.

kirushna

Oct 5, 2018
Bangalore
Hi Experts,

I have received ITA on 3rd April.
I have got funds credited to my Joint account(I'm the Primary A/C holder, but includes my parents) through cash deposit from my father a month back. Now, as CIC wouldn't accept Joint Accounts, I'm planning to transfer it to my another account(Individual account).

Now my questions/confusions are to know which is the best option to do it:

1. As there is no proof that my Father has given me the money, should I withdraw from my Joint Account, put into my father's account and take it back to my Individual account using a Cheque?

2. Is it OK if I could get my Joint account changed to Individual Account and keep the funds there itself?

3. Is it OK if I just transfer the funds from my Joint account to Individual Account via Net banking as my Father is already present in it?

Kindly Help ASAP, Thank you!!

The Magician

Feb 5, 2018
Hi Experts,

I have received ITA on 3rd April.
I have got funds credited to my Joint account(I'm the Primary A/C holder, but includes my parents) through cash deposit from my father a month back. Now, as CIC wouldn't accept Joint Accounts, I'm planning to transfer it to my another account(Individual account).

Now my questions/confusions are to know which is the best option to do it:

1. As there is no proof that my Father has given me the money, should I withdraw from my Joint Account, put into my father's account and take it back to my Individual account using a Cheque?

2. Is it OK if I could get my Joint account changed to Individual Account and keep the funds there itself?

3. Is it OK if I just transfer the funds from my Joint account to Individual Account via Net banking as my Father is already present in it?

Kindly Help ASAP, Thank you!!
Bro what did you do? Please let me know as i am in the same situation.