+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift Deed or Affidavit?

Mujtaba788

Aug 2, 2018
If my dad has deposited money in my bank account to show the bank statement for study permit. Then what is the best way to explain it? Should he give me an affidavit or a gift deed?
Please help.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two different things your asking here. If the money is already deposited in your account you have to take a proof of fund document from your bank. Just google this you’ll get standard format. Ask your bank to issue it

An affidavit is a completely different thing. It’s a legal document where your dad has to sign on a stamp paper stating he is responsible for your expenses. This has to be done from a notary. You’ll get this format also online. With this you have to attach all your financials in your dads name.

If the money has still not been deposited in your account and still with your dad, you can skip the first suggestion and just attach your dads account statement and the sworn in affidavit.

Hope this helps!

Mujtaba788

Aug 2, 2018
Two different things your asking here. If the money is already deposited in your account you have to take a proof of fund document from your bank. Just google this you’ll get standard format. Ask your bank to issue it

An affidavit is a completely different thing. It’s a legal document where your dad has to sign on a stamp paper stating he is responsible for your expenses. This has to be done from a notary. You’ll get this format also online. With this you have to attach all your financials in your dads name.

If the money has still not been deposited in your account and still with your dad, you can skip the first suggestion and just attach your dads account statement and the sworn in affidavit.

Hope this helps!
Yes, this helps greatly.
Here is a thing, money is in my account currently and came from my father's account. Now in such case do I have to present only a bank statement as a proof? Because visa officer could ask where did I get this money from? And I am only a student yet. How to fix this issue? With the help of a gift deed?

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, this helps greatly.
Here is a thing, money is in my account currently and came from my father's account. Now in such case do I have to present only a bank statement as a proof? Because visa officer could ask where did I get this money from? And I am only a student yet. How to fix this issue? With the help of a gift deed?
replied to your DM

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
since the funds came from your father's bank account directly to your account, its advisable to show just the account statement of both you and your father likewise you stating it in your SOP and your father also in his letter of sponsorship of such transfer for your living expenses.. that would do the trick

Mujtaba788

Aug 2, 2018
since the funds came from your father's bank account directly to your account, its advisable to show just the account statement of both you and your father likewise you stating it in your SOP and your father also in his letter of sponsorship of such transfer for your living expenses.. that would do the trick
Got it, there's a little concern. Since my father does not have a lot of funds in his account anymore, so is it advisable to show his bank statement as well?
Also, would I need to show how has money been transferred from dad to my account by displaying each transaction?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
You can asterisk the transactions on both your submitted statement and that of your fathers for the VO to easily peruse

I have seen few situations were the sponsors account has a weak closing balance but the inflow and outflow of cash histories is always rolling but the proof/source of funds showwd was very convincing to the VO's attention.. so you can draw ideas and ways to handle your situation

Mujtaba788

Aug 2, 2018
You can asterisk the transactions on both your submitted statement and that of your fathers for the VO to easily peruse

I have seen few situations were the sponsors account has a weak closing balance but the inflow and outflow of cash histories is always rolling but the proof/source of funds showwd was very convincing to the VO's attention.. so you can draw ideas and ways to handle your situation
The issue is that the payment my dad deposited in my account is through cheque and also cash, I am uncertain would it depict in dad's account to convince VO?