+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift Deed Notorization for POF

NicholasG

Apr 14, 2016
Hi all,

I am a little concerned about the Proof Funds requirements.

My mother has deposited a large sum of money in my bank account to use as settlement funds.

I have acquired a notorized statement from her stating that she has "transferred the funds to my account and will not under any circumstances demand or expect it back." (this is the closest thing I could get to a gift deed)

My question is: do I also need to include a notorized statement from myself that explicitly says I will not give her the money back?

I am concerned that the immigration official might view our familial relationship as a reason to doubt whether I actually intend keep the funds.

Hope my concern is clear.

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Hi Nicholas!

Not to worry. What you have should be just fine :) My parents did something similar and also sent me the transaction receipt from when the transferred the money. Then I attached the transaction receipt from when I received it. The gift deed from them was very simple, stating that it was a gift out of love and affection and they do not expect it to be returned. It was then notarised, and I uploaded it.
No problems so far and no ADR :)

I think you're good to go!

NicholasG

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks
Hi Nicholas!

Not to worry. What you have should be just fine :) My parents did something similar and also sent me the transaction receipt from when the transferred the money. Then I attached the transaction receipt from when I received it. The gift deed from them was very simple, stating that it was a gift out of love and affection and they do not expect it to be returned. It was then notarised, and I uploaded it.
No problems so far and no ADR :)

I think you're good to go!
Thanks a lot! I also have a cash deposit slip which I will be including. What do you mean by no ADR? Did you land already? Was your application successful?

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Thanks

Thanks a lot! I also have a cash deposit slip which I will be including. What do you mean by no ADR? Did you land already? Was your application successful?
Oh, by ADR I mean additional documents request :)
I have reached IP2 stage, the application isn't completed yet. I'm still waiting ;)