+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift deed - Notarize or not?

Mr. Ali Zia

Jun 12, 2019
Hello,

I have recently received ITA via SINP and I am stuck with a Proof of Fund (POF) section. I have two salary account having nearly CAD $800 in total. Plus one of salary account of my present job has PF of CAD $2626.

To complete the requirement of POF, I am getting Gift Deed from my father as I save all my savings in my dad's account. What should i do now??

Take a gift deed and put it in my previous salary account? and show the 3 months Bank statement to SINP evaluating officer? along with GIFT DEED proving documents? Do i need to do something extra???

Any help in this will be much more appreciated. Thanks.

coder_immigrant

May 18, 2019
Hello,

I have recently received ITA via SINP and I am stuck with a Proof of Fund (POF) section. I have two salary account having nearly CAD $800 in total. Plus one of salary account of my present job has PF of CAD $2626.

To complete the requirement of POF, I am getting Gift Deed from my father as I save all my savings in my dad's account. What should i do now??

Take a gift deed and put it in my previous salary account? and show the 3 months Bank statement to SINP evaluating officer? along with GIFT DEED proving documents? Do i need to do something extra???

Any help in this will be much more appreciated. Thanks.

well, your situation is same as with everybody else's. It does not matter if you have two or more accounts. If you are short of funds, then do what anyone else does: a gift deed.

Mr. Ali Zia

Jun 12, 2019
well, your situation is same as with everybody else's. It does not matter if you have two or more accounts. If you are short of funds, then do what anyone else does: a gift deed.
Thanks for your help buddy! really appreciated.

One more thing, Is it ok to receive gift amount in series of cheques? should I have to list all cheque no# in gift deed? or I can mention simply account no of both my dad's and mine in gift deed? and provide my dad's & my bank statement to visa immigration authority for their traceability.

As I can't transfer the whole amount in single go :(

Remiani

Aug 6, 2020
i ve gone through the format of Gift deed in this forum there 4 witnesses mentioned in deed 2 from donor and 2 from donee...but if donor is gifting from other country or city so how can donee witnesses be there at time of event??? plz look into this matter
Kindly provide more info as per how you did this. I am in same situation now. The donor is in another country and i really don't know how to do about it. I mean the signing of the deed of gift.