+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift deed - Notarize or not?

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Yes I have all other documents ready, so will proceed with them. Thanks again!
I would suggest you to skip it then, as long you have other documents that you attach...
-Signed gift deed letter between you and family member
-bank statement of your and and your family member(to show the transfer of funds between both accounts)
-passport copy of the family member(to prove the relationship)
Hello, I am also in the same boat right now, could you please tell me how things went for you guys? is it okay to submit just signed letter along with other supporting documents?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello, I am also in the same boat right now, could you please tell me how things went for you guys? is it okay to submit just signed letter along with other supporting documents?
I was not based in Dubai when I applied for PR application but imho you don’t need to notarize the gift deed

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
I was not based in Dubai when I applied for PR application but imho you don’t need to notarize the gift deed
currently, I am in Canada. I talked with an immigration lawyer and he told me that it would cost almost 200$ only to prepare gift deed, so if it is not compulsory then I will also simply make a letter from my sister and signed off.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
currently, I am in Canada. I talked with an immigration lawyer and he told me that it would cost almost 200$ only to prepare gift deed, so if it is not compulsory then I will also simply make a letter from my sister and signed off.
What’s your current status in Canada are you on a Work Permit and working in Canada ? If that is the case it qualifies you as a CEC and you do not need to show proof of funds...

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I am on study permit. So I need to show Pof
Ok so since you are here, I would really suggest you not to waste money on notarizing the gift deed. Please make sure information is detailed enough in your GD letter and supporting documents (e.g. a bank transfer receipt or bank statement etc.) that officer will be able to coorelate the flow of money. Do highlight in your letter that money is from your parents or siblings etc, which can then also be visible in the transfer receipts or bank statements

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Ok so since you are here, I would really suggest you not to waste money on notarizing the gift deed. Please make sure information is detailed enough in your GD letter and supporting documents (e.g. a bank transfer receipt or bank statement etc.) that officer will be able to coorelate the flow of money. Do highlight in your letter that money is from your parents or siblings etc, which can then also be visible in the transfer receipts or bank statements
Do I need to submit bank statement of my sister's too? My sister is providing me the money as a gift.

Eddiesol

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi guys
I was wondering if using a gift deed as pof would raise suspension or is it acceptable as a pof for ee by cic
Did anyone try it and got through?

MGNCMA

Aug 1, 2018
Did u provide a screen shot of the transfer for the gift deed or did you just declare which bank account it came from? Did they ask to verify the transfer

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Did u provide a screen shot of the transfer for the gift deed or did you just declare which bank account it came from? Did they ask to verify the transfer
I recently got PPR. I used gift deed for PoF. I submitted gift deed letter in plain paper (without notarized/afadavit), bank balance certificate+ 6 months statement, transaction slip, photo of cheque.