+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift deed for poof of funds

complicated research

Jul 7, 2016
hi all,

If someone receives settlement funds as a gift from parents and attach gift deed from parents, do we need to provide parents' bank statement as well or not?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all,

If someone receives settlement funds as a gift from parents and attach gift deed from parents, do we need to provide parents' bank statement as well or not?
No you don’t, but you need the gift deed to be notarized in the country of origin.

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
No you don’t, but you need the gift deed to be notarized in the country of origin.
Hi, Doda! Do you happen to have any experience with notarizing gift deeds in Egypt? I want to get that done soon-ish and I frankly have no idea where to start. I did find some useful sample formats on the forum, but that's all.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Doda! Do you happen to have any experience with notarizing gift deeds in Egypt? I want to get that done soon-ish and I frankly have no idea where to start. I did find some useful sample formats on the forum, but that's all.
It is done at El Sha7r el 3akary but they will charge you a percentage of the amount like 1% if I remember. Honestly it felt like a scam because after a couple of year they sent a message to my parents asking for more money. I heard it can be done at court as well but will take a year to be done.

Reactions: Barkook

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
It is done at El Sha7r el 3akary but they will charge you a percentage of the amount like 1% if I remember. Honestly it felt like a scam because after a couple of year they sent a message to my parents asking for more money. I heard it can be done at court as well but will take a year to be done.
Oh my goodness. Yeaah, that sounds about right, haha.
Going to try my luck while in Egypt next month and see if things changed drastically since then. (Hopeful)
Thank you for the help, Doda!

Reactions: Doda