+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift deed for POF

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
Hello All, I am planning to take a gift deed from my father for POF but currently I live in USA and my father resides in India. Do I have to personally present to sign the deed or the deed can be just signed by my father? how to proceed in this situation. Does any anybody did this before

ravi1441

Mar 23, 2020
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-2020
Hello All, I am planning to take a gift deed from my father for POF but currently I live in USA and my father resides in India. Do I have to personally present to sign the deed or the deed can be just signed by my father? how to proceed in this situation. Does any anybody did this before
We do not require a signature of the person who is accepting the gift which is you. I live in the USA and I haven't signed on a gift deed. So notary should be fine and if you can get a bank reference letter its more than enough.

ravi1441

Mar 23, 2020
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-2020
@ravi1441 thanks for info. That helps a lot. Yeah I am thinking to submit notarized deed, copy of check, bank reference letter that says available balance and LOE letter with format from this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/
I guess these are enough. Should I do the gift deed before receiving or after receiving ITA?
I did after ITA. I also used the same format in the above link with some tweaks. Make sure you write it in your terms.

datguyforcanada

Dec 5, 2020
I did after ITA. I also used the same format in the above link with some tweaks. Make sure you write it in your terms.
Hello. Could any of you please let me know if when getting a gift deed from a parent, do you have to include THEIR (the parents') bank statement, account information etc. too? or is it that all you need from your parent is just a notarized gift deed? Thanks in advance