+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift affidavit

Zain101

Apr 28, 2017
Hello everyone

I would like to ask a question regarding the gift affidavit ( plz do considrr that deed and affidavit are teo srparate things). I have read the dscusions on the forum regarding the subject topic but it is stil unclear.

Basically my mother gifted me somr money by liquidating a few of her sving certfcates that were invested back in 2008. I actualy have documnted everything in my Loe i.e. the certfcates, encashmnt certfcate, bank deposit slips and how it came to my account, every single detail.

In addition to that, my mother gave me a GIFT AFFIDAVIT in which enlist and discusses everything, where did the money come and through eat channels it reached her son's account amd that she gifted it to me.

Now, it is not a deed actually, its an affidavit. I belive the only differece between affidavit and deed is that im deed, person recvig the gift also gives his acceptnce. But in this case, my bank statemnt showing an inflow of money mentioned already by my mother in her affidavit is an indication of acceptance.

Now thr question is, do i still need a GIFT DEED or a comprehensive GIFT AFFIDAVIT wud be sufficient.

Looling forward to your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Reagrds

anumqureshi

Oct 20, 2016
Hello everyone

I would like to ask a question regarding the gift affidavit ( plz do considrr that deed and affidavit are teo srparate things). I have read the dscusions on the forum regarding the subject topic but it is stil unclear.

Basically my mother gifted me somr money by liquidating a few of her sving certfcates that were invested back in 2008. I actualy have documnted everything in my Loe i.e. the certfcates, encashmnt certfcate, bank deposit slips and how it came to my account, every single detail.

In addition to that, my mother gave me a GIFT AFFIDAVIT in which enlist and discusses everything, where did the money come and through eat channels it reached her son's account amd that she gifted it to me.

Now, it is not a deed actually, its an affidavit. I belive the only differece between affidavit and deed is that im deed, person recvig the gift also gives his acceptnce. But in this case, my bank statemnt showing an inflow of money mentioned already by my mother in her affidavit is an indication of acceptance.

Now thr question is, do i still need a GIFT DEED or a comprehensive GIFT AFFIDAVIT wud be sufficient.

Looling forward to your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Reagrds
Hi Zain

I would suggest that you make both and submit those. A GA would show that there was a verbal gift and the evidence for it is in the affidavit so that seems ok to me however, dont take a chance. i got both of those made and submitted it. better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Zain101

Apr 28, 2017
Hi Zain

I would suggest that you make both and submit those. A GA would show that there was a verbal gift and the evidence for it is in the affidavit so that seems ok to me however, dont take a chance. i got both of those made and submitted it. better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Hmm. I agree that playing safe is a better option. Ill try to make a deed also.

Thank you for your suggestion