+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gic

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Reactions: 2b.or.not.2b

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
These are questions one should be asking before transfers not after. The guidelines are quite clear.
1) GIC should be transferred from the students own account.
2) Name in the bank account and the passport must match.
3) The address of your bank account and passport must match.
Below is the link for Scotia Bank GIC guide
https://startright.scotiabank.com/student-gic.html
Hi,
As the 3rd point u have stated. I have one querry.

In my passport the address is:
“KIIT UNIVERISTY BHUBANESWAR, Odisha.”
In india we can apply for our passprt from the place we reside. And i have applied 3 years ago when i used to study in odisha.
Now i am residing in a diff state in India.

My bank acct address is of my home address:
“Dalu, west garo hills, meghalaya.”

What am I supposed to do in such case?
We cannot change the address in passprt to my home address because now i am working in another state. And in passprt only current address is shown. Plz somebody help me wth my querry.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi,

In india we can apply for our passprt from the place we reside. And i have applied 3 years ago when i used to study in odisha.

We cannot change the address in passprt to my home address because now i am working in another state. And in passprt only current address is shown. Plz somebody help me wth my querry.
You can do two things

1) Apply for a new passport and show the new address.

2) Modify the address in your bank with the address given in your passport.

You can do whichever one is more easier, or the one where you have the required proofs to do so.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hi,

Change the address in your bank account to the one on your passport using passport as KYC document. Keep the hometown address as permanent address and ask the bank to add the address on your passport as address for communication. Request a new passbook after the change and the address shown will be the communication address i.e. the address on your passport.

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Change the address in your bank account to the one on your passport using passport as KYC document. Keep the hometown address as permanent address and ask the bank to add the address on your passport as address for communication. Request a new passbook after the change and the address shown will be the communication address i.e. the address on your passport.
By keeping the communication address in accordance wth the passprt address, will it change anythn? I mean, my permanent address will still be my hometown address right. So how will it be beneficial for gic? When i submit my money from the bank, will my communication address also be displayed?