+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gic

Jan 24, 2018
Hi I am dhaval
My Indian bank account name is panchal Dhavalbhai Bharatbhai
And my Scotiabank account name is panchal Dhaval Bharatbhai as same as my passport..
I paid my GIC on 22nd Jan...
So is there any problem about name ??
Shall I receive my GIC Certificate in 2 days ????????????

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
These are questions one should be asking before transfers not after. The guidelines are quite clear.
1) GIC should be transferred from the students own account.
2) Name in the bank account and the passport must match.
3) The address of your bank account and passport must match.
Below is the link for Scotia Bank GIC guide
https://startright.scotiabank.com/student-gic.html

prasanthbvvsk

Jan 27, 2019
These are questions one should be asking before transfers not after. The guidelines are quite clear.
1) GIC should be transferred from the students own account.
2) Name in the bank account and the passport must match.
3) The address of your bank account and passport must match.
Below is the link for Scotia Bank GIC guide
https://startright.scotiabank.com/student-gic.html
there was a point to transfer funds from financial institution, but is transfer from student account ia mandatory

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
there was a point to transfer funds from financial institution, but is transfer from student account ia mandatory
Yes, it is mandatory that the funds be transferred from the student’s own account. If fund comes from other sources, such as student’s parents for example, then the transfer will be rejected.

Yatharth

Jan 27, 2019
Gic details should be matched with passport strictly because if rejection occurs due to any reason they want your pass port photo to refund you back and if it mismatch things can give u a hard time

prasanthbvvsk

Jan 27, 2019
Yes, it is mandatory that the funds be transferred from the student’s own account. If fund comes from other sources, such as student’s parents for example, then the transfer will be rejected.
but one of my friend transferred through third party forex which got accepted, how can thia be happened