+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC

MianUsama

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
My dad send my tuition fee by cash through western union TT . hope that should be ok. I need to send the GIC for non sds study permit. Usama can you please let me know how long it will take the GIC to Scotia bank ? And I am also not sure, the GIC for non sds study permit is mandatory or no ?

Another thing Usama, does it matter if you have new foreign currency account ? or it has to be atleast 4 months old to send the gic.
First of all if you are paying one year tuition and gic why don't you apply via sds as it have high approval rate. As far as gic is concerned, I opened my foreign currency account at mcb and in two days it was active but in order to send payment, cheque book should ve received which took a week. After I received cheque book and deposited dollas, I filled up remittance form and put all necessary details. Within 2 days bank sent my payment and almost within two days (excluding weekend) I got gic letter frim CBIC ( I didn't choose scotia as I've heard they reject payments even on small issues, my experience with CBIC was very smooth and they are very fast). Hope that would help.

Maria_princess

Jun 4, 2021
First of all if you are paying one year tuition and gic why don't you apply via sds as it have high approval rate. As far as gic is concerned, I opened my foreign currency account at mcb and in two days it was active but in order to send payment, cheque book should ve received which took a week. After I received cheque book and deposited dollas, I filled up remittance form and put all necessary details. Within 2 days bank sent my payment and almost within two days (excluding weekend) I got gic letter frim CBIC ( I didn't choose scotia as I've heard they reject payments even on small issues, my experience with CBIC was very smooth and they are very fast). Hope that would help.

Thanks for your reply , I cant send the sds because my score is 6. not sure if i get it approval or no. To show the assets , do I need I need to get affidavit from lawyers or something or what? And also one more thing if you can please tell me about digital photo when u apply the study permit. IS that digital photo is passport size phone do we have to upload at the time of applying ?

MianUsama

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Thanks for your reply , I cant send the sds because my score is 6. not sure if i get it approval or no. To show the assets , do I need I need to get affidavit from lawyers or something or what? And also one more thing if you can please tell me about digital photo when u apply the study permit. IS that digital photo is passport size phone do we have to upload at the time of applying ?
Sorry I don't have any experience related to showing assets as I only submitted fee and gic for my application.
For digital photo, I went to the shop and showed him the dimensions mentioned on online portal and he took photo and sent me in pdf format. It needed to be uploaded while submitting.

Maria_princess

Jun 4, 2021
Sorry I don't have any experience related to showing assets as I only submitted fee and gic for my application.
For digital photo, I went to the shop and showed him the dimensions mentioned on online portal and he took photo and sent me in pdf format. It needed to be uploaded while submitting.

OK thanks , please keep me posted if u got study permit approval.

Harsh2411

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
31st March 2021
Doc's Request.
No