sahilchopra1

Aug 16, 2012
Karm said:
1. Sending request
2. U receive account details
Then you transfer money
3. They will provide U a certificate.

GIC is done
'U' can send (transfer) money from your fathers account for gic ... 'M'y agent told me u can transfer money from ur fathers account... is it possible

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahilchopra1 said:
'U' can send (transfer) money from your fathers account for gic ... 'M'y agent told me u can transfer money from ur fathers account... is it possible
No. You are not supposed to transfer the money from others account. They clearly mention in their policies..

socrates

Mar 13, 2013
vivekforbes said:
No. You are not supposed to transfer the money from others account. They clearly mention in their policies..
MY AGENCY TOLD ME TO SEND THE REQUEST FOR GIC TO TWO EMAILS ( newaccount@scotiabank.com and studentgic@scotiabank.com) is it necessary??

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
socrates said:
MY AGENCY TOLD ME TO SEND THE REQUEST FOR GIC TO TWO EMAILS ( newaccount @ scotiabank.com and studentgic @ scotiabank.com) is it necessary??
Send the mail to studentgic@scotiabank.com. You will probably get the same reply(like what i said) from them.

sahilchopra1

Aug 16, 2012
vivekforbes said:
bruv i got my gic certificate yesterday.... i sent the money on 14th from my fathers account ... got gic on 18th march.... happpyyyy

MianUsama

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
I think you have to have Dollor foreign account in Pakistan to send the GIC and College fee. Is it true ?
I submitted my gic by opening foreign currency account at mcb but they didn't send my tuition fee. Then I went to hbl and they send my tuition fee from my brother's pkr account. Maybe they would also send gic from pkr make sure to contact them.

Maria_princess

Jun 4, 2021
I submitted my gic by opening foreign currency account at mcb but they didn't send my tuition fee. Then I went to hbl and they send my tuition fee from my brother's pkr account. Maybe they would also send gic from pkr make sure to contact them.

My dad send my tuition fee by cash through western union TT . hope that should be ok. I need to send the GIC for non sds study permit. Usama can you please let me know how long it will take the GIC to Scotia bank ? And I am also not sure, the GIC for non sds study permit is mandatory or no ?

Another thing Usama, does it matter if you have new foreign currency account ? or it has to be atleast 4 months old to send the gic.

Last edited: