+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC swift report - sender information

SanjayMystic

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

I initiated wire transfer from IDBI bank on 13/03 and got swift report generated next day. In the report I can see that sender address is mentioned as "Royal Bank of Canada" instead of "Scotia Bank" but the swift code is correct.

When I called upon the bank they said that swift code and account number matters and its been 5 days since transfer, it worries me. I think the bank made a blunder and trying to cover up with some reasons.

Can anyone confirm if the bank address and name matters, what I should do ?

napnusion

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
You're bank is correct. SWIFT code and A/C no should be correct, that's all that matters.

What happens is in SWIFT payments, there are intermediary banks, in your case it is RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) , which is perfectly fine.

No worries!

Good Luck!

Reactions: SanjayMystic

SanjayMystic

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
You're bank is correct. SWIFT code and A/C no should be correct, that's all that matters.

What happens is in SWIFT payments, there are intermediary banks, in your case it is RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) , which is perfectly fine.

No worries!

Good Luck!

Thank you for the information.

StudyMaster

Mar 5, 2019
Hi Guys,

I initiated wire transfer from IDBI bank on 13/03 and got swift report generated next day. In the report I can see that sender address is mentioned as "Royal Bank of Canada" instead of "Scotia Bank" but the swift code is correct.

When I called upon the bank they said that swift code and account number matters and its been 5 days since transfer, it worries me. I think the bank made a blunder and trying to cover up with some reasons.

Can anyone confirm if the bank address and name matters, what I should do ?
Did you get GIC Certificate.... And how many days it take ??