+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC Scotiabank First Name issue

Rashida129

Sep 8, 2019
I guess the same name affidavits are required when u submit your documents for visa.
But before that you need a GIC from Nova Scotia bank. u wont wont get it until your payment is accepted.
And for the payment to be successful u must provide the passbook with same name as on passport.
If it is an issue then kindly proceed with a new account in another bank as per passport name and tell them your concern.
Indian bank would definitely help u in creating as per your requirement no matter what name is printed on your pan card.
There is another alternative. If u dont wanna open a new account then hand this work to a firm that deals with as such. For them its simply not an issue then whatsoever maybe the name on your passbook.They would just do it but of course with some fees.

Narayan.sampath

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
I guess the same name affidavits are required when u submit your documents for visa.
But before that you need a GIC from Nova Scotia bank. u wont wont get it until your payment is accepted.
And for the payment to be successful u must provide the passbook with same name as on passport.
If it is an issue then kindly proceed with a new account in another bank as per passport name and tell them your concern.
Indian bank would definitely help u in creating as per your requirement no matter what name is printed on your pan card.
There is another alternative. If u dont wanna open a new account then hand this work to a firm that deals with as such. For them its simply not an issue then whatsoever maybe the name on your passbook.They would just do it but of course with some fees.
How long did it take for you to receive your GIC certificate?

Marsgod

Sep 30, 2019
Guys,
Please guide me how to change my first name in GIC scotia bank. I don't understand the part how to request scotia bank to update the name change from secure mail box. Guide me with the steps please. Thank You.

Peter88

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone,
According to my passport, I have my first name/given name as 'Rishabh Sudhir' and last name as 'Jiresal'.
I filled the application form of GIC Scotiabank and there in the first name I couldn't add space between two words. So while filling the application, I wrote my first name as 'Rishabh' and last name 'Jiresal'.
Will this be an issue? Can my GIC get rejected due to this problem of mismatched names? Anyone with the same issue? Should I continue with sending them the funds?
I got their mail and I got the account number to transfer the funds along with the instructions.
I am facing the same issue. And unable to find a solution.

Consultant advised me to chat with Scotia bank representative.

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
Thanks! My bad, it was a different link
I am a Filipino too. Did you put FIRST NAME as given name on passport? what about the middle name. Please assist as I have lodged my scotiabank application with only the GIVEN NAME on FIRST NAME. TIA

Apr 16, 2021
Hellooo

I have to open GIC account for my sister in nova scotia bank. Her name on passport is written as Simran Kaur in first name and no surname. How to write it while opening the account? please help me. Should i write Simran Kaur in both fields?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hey guys.

I have been in the similar situation. I had slight change in my name in my local bank account, and passport.

I opened a new bank account and requested them to use all my passport details - name and address etc. Then transfered through the bank to Scotia. My GIC got confirmed and i got my certificate.

Cheers

Ankit2696

Oct 25, 2021
Hey guys.

I have been in the similar situation. I had slight change in my name in my local bank account, and passport.

I opened a new bank account and requested them to use all my passport details - name and address etc. Then transfered through the bank to Scotia. My GIC got confirmed and i got my certificate.

Cheers
Hey i have faced the same problem
Hey guys.

Cheers
Did you faced any issues while visa or after reaching there to take you first gic ie 2000 cad