+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC REJECTED

Abhi.sharma.1

Nov 2, 2019
Hi guys,

I have some clarification, I initiated GIC and it got rejected due to name mismatch( although I informed bank they didn't change). I transferred 10300 CAD and the bank says they only got 10250 CAD.

Does scotia bank charges even for rejection ?

Or

Do the banking staff fooling around or is it the intermediary bank charges? Anyone faced these issue !!

Any good soul please enlighten me on this !!!
Hey,
my funds are rejected by Scotiabank due to DOB mismatch.
how much time they take to refund or can I reinitiate after that.
tell me the complete time it'll take to get my gic certificate after that?

Abhi.sharma.1

Nov 2, 2019
After how many days did you get your refund i got the rejection mail on 30/09/2019 still waiting for the funds how much time does it took in your case??
Hey,

Abhi.sharma.1

Nov 2, 2019
Hey,
Yeah okay....does that mean domestic bank charges the amount ….because I think while sending they already deducted their charges....now after rejection again 50 CAD ….. do this happen to all......even for rejection domestic bank charges ??

Tsrrr

Sep 2, 2020
Hi ,

I have Gic payment through rtgs but few hours later I received a message saying money is credited to my savings account and asked to contact branch for details. I didn't receive any email from CIBC saying funds received or rejected . Now I have a doubt that whether money reached beneficiary bank and got refunded or hasn't reached beneficiary bank. I can see the status as INITIATED in CIBC site.
Can I use the same beneficiary details for paying GIC again.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hi ,

I have Gic payment through rtgs but few hours later I received a message saying money is credited to my savings account and asked to contact branch for details. I didn't receive any email from CIBC saying funds received or rejected . Now I have a doubt that whether money reached beneficiary bank and got refunded or hasn't reached beneficiary bank. I can see the status as INITIATED in CIBC site.
Can I use the same beneficiary details for paying GIC again.
Check with the bank first and the reason why CIBC rejected payment. You may be able to use same details IF time window is not expired yet. But it's better if you re-submit application to get a longer window again.

Tsrrr

Sep 2, 2020
Check with the bank first and the reason why CIBC rejected payment. You may be able to use same details IF time window is not expired yet. But it's better if you re-submit application to get a longer window again.

Hi,
I have got full refund without any deduction . If CIBC rejects I may not get full refund and also it will take few days to get money. Is this perception right?. In my case I have got full refund in 4 hrs after payment

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hi,
I have got full refund without any deduction . If CIBC rejects I may not get full refund and also it will take few days to get money. Is this perception right?. In my case I have got full refund in 4 hrs after payment
Yeah, something went wrong with the payment at intermediary bank. Do confirm why it happened and make sure to fix that issue before sending again.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
change to CIBC bro, Scotia is not good with customer service, I waited for about a month for my application to be looked at... then no news, all of the troubles with my name order, I got everything done within 2 weeks with CIBC, fast and thorough

Sep 14, 2022
Hii all,

I have wire transferred my GIC but due to some transfer error my payment only went of 10175CAD, which is to be 10200.

Can Anyone please help that my GIC will be Accepted??..