+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC refund

vvkjai.17

Aug 3, 2016
Sir, I have cancelled my Canadian visa due to some personal reasons.
Now i want to refund my GIC . All the formality has been already done and refund has been processed by Scotia bank on 25th July. Unfortunately i haven't received the money till now. As per the discussion On phone they are saying to wait for 8 business days.
What to do now? Will i receive my fund or not ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vvkjai.17 said:
Now i want to refund my GIC . All the formality has been already done and refund has been processed by Scotia bank on 25th July. Unfortunately i haven't received the money till now. As per the discussion On phone they are saying to wait for 8 business days.
1. Well 8 business days haven't passed, August 1st was a holiday in Canada.

vvkjai.17

Aug 3, 2016
Ok thnx.
And one more questions Scotia bank remit the fund only in the a/c from where the fund was originally remitted in gic a/c right?

vvkjai.17

Aug 3, 2016
Sir,
When i applied GIC a/c my swift code was of subsidiary branch of my bank and i have transferred the fund from main branch of my bank with different swift code.
The fund remitted successfully in my GIC A/c.
Now i hv applied for refund of GIC and given the detail of the bank from where i hv originally done wire transfer.
Is there any problem if the swift code of main brach and sub branch were different that time?

sandhu_heera_preet

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
vvkjai.17 said:
Sir,
When i applied GIC a/c my swift code was of subsidiary branch of my bank and i have transferred the fund from main branch of my bank with different swift code.
The fund remitted successfully in my GIC A/c.
Now i hv applied for refund of GIC and given the detail of the bank from where i hv originally done wire transfer.
Is there any problem if the swift code of main brach and sub branch were different that time?
no prob of swift code. you will receive our moey in 1-2 days

Pio

Aug 5, 2016
vvkjai.17 said:
Hey I have applied for visa on 12th but not yet received any status but same due to family issues i am planning to cancel my immigration to canada for study ,can u help me out about how to cancel my application and get my fees and GIC money back.

Hp123

Sep 30, 2018
I have same case..can i cancel my visa...

Dayanadennis

Sep 12, 2019
Even I am facing the same problem ,I had applied for student visa for September 2019 intake but my visa got rejected ,so I had requested for my gic refund ,
I had filled the form with my details
I had applied 3 to 4 times but after 10 days I get a mail from Scotia bank that there is error and resubmission required
I did my wire transfer from alternative branch and I have entered the bank address where I did my wire transfer and even I have mentioned the branch where I have my account but still all my application which I have filled and sent to them shows error
Is there any one to help me how to take my refund back