+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gic refund quest from those who has been rejected !!

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Hello peeps my student visa was rejected and i applied on 22nd November for refund.
Can any one senior who got GIC refund give an idea how much time do they take.
Its gona be more then 2 months and i shall be be calling them tomorrow .
Also if any other one is in same boat please share any info.

karan123

Aug 9, 2013
hey bro

I applied for a GIC refund on 8th nov and i have not got my money back till yet...its going to be more than 10 weeks. Any idea about what should we do?.. i have contacted the bank a lot of times but didnt get any positive answer.

Regards
Karan

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
What do they say, have you tried calling to president office.
Also what format did u choose to send the request refund ?

karan123

Aug 9, 2013
buzoo bro

I have not called the presidents office but i called scotia bank helpline... they said it takes upto 10 weeks for the money to get refunded which is just ridiculous and they transfer me to GIC student department but we can not speak to anyone there and can just leave a msg. I Left a msg on their voicemail 2-3 times but nothing has happened so far....i am just scared weather they will refund my money or not? any luck with u bro?

karan

grewalalways

Dec 8, 2013
applied on 31st december
got their confirmation mail same day and my consultant told me that it took 6 to 8 weeks for total process

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
hey guys,

even my visa was rejected and I had applied for a refund some where in the month on December.

I got a reply back today that my application cannot be processed further because my swift code is wrong. :/ and I have to apply with a bloody fresh application..

iDK what they mean by swift code Is wrong. I gave them all the details according to my bank.

my bank - Vijaya bank, says they can only transfer the amount into my account through their account held with bank of Montreal, which will in turn forward to my vijaya bank account here in India.

Could this be the problem ? because they cannot deposit directly into my account and have to go through my bank's own account held with bank of Montreal?