+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

Nov 28, 2018
@Chauhan1223: I transferred my funds from HDFC bank through Wire transfer...It reached there in 48 hours and then they took 5 business days to send me the GIC certificate in mail. Dont worry they will respond in time.
Hello,
Actually after getting a wire transfer mail with my account number from icici Canada I made immediate payment, however later I received a mail saying that there was discrepancies opening my account because my agent forgot to write the state. So I’m worried if my money is lost ? Please help

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Hello,
Actually after getting a wire transfer mail with my account number from icici Canada I made immediate payment, however later I received a mail saying that there was discrepancies opening my account because my agent forgot to write the state. So I’m worried if my money is lost ? Please help
I guess your GIC is also with Icici canada.

So you need to visit their website and see their contact no. And also in response to their email you might want to attach your passport copy etc.

Did you transfer from Icici to Icici?
Did you not read the form before agent sent ?
Ideally If the sender account details and address on passport match they will not create an issue. Find out from Icici how they can help.

Do u have a photocopy of the form that agent filled ?

Calm down don't panic.
U can use Google hangout to make free calls to the bank.. even I did that.

---
In some cases the money come back in 10-30 days. And you have to resend the wire again
Yes ! That's if address goes wrong. In Ur case it's just state missing.. they can add if you send PROOF like passport etc.

Nov 28, 2018
I guess your GIC is also with Icici canada.

So you need to visit their website and see their contact no. And also in response to their email you might want to attach your passport copy etc.

Did you transfer from Icici to Icici?
Did you not read the form before agent sent ?
Ideally If the sender account details and address on passport match they will not create an issue. Find out from Icici how they can help.

Do u have a photocopy of the form that agent filled ?

Calm down don't panic.
U can use Google hangout to make free calls to the bank.. even I did that.

---
In some cases the money come back in 10-30 days. And you have to resend the wire again
Yes ! That's if address goes wrong. In Ur case it's just state missing.. they can add if you send PROOF like passport etc.
I’ve called the bank and they said that my account hasn’t been activated as only the state wasn’t mentioned and not to worry as the account number provided to me will remain same and the money will be credited as soon as it’s activated.

Reactions: AGoodSoul

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
I’ve called the bank and they said that my account hasn’t been activated as only the state wasn’t mentioned and not to worry as the account number provided to me will remain same and the money will be credited as soon as it’s activated.
Pls ensure u get their proof of GIC which will be needed for visa.

U will also get an intro letter in Ur email.. atleast that is what Scotia Bank sends

Rohan1234

Sep 9, 2018
i paid my gic on 24 june after 5 days i got receievd mail from scotia bank which shows that your wire payment is not accepted..

So what can i do

please let me know

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
i paid my gic on 24 june after 5 days i got receievd mail from scotia bank which shows that your wire payment is not accepted..

So what can i do

please let me know
Your money will be refunded, you will have to contact them and find the reason why it was not accepted and fix the error.

Afraah nadiah

Nov 19, 2019
@Chauhan1223: I transferred my funds from HDFC bank through Wire transfer...It reached there in 48 hours and then they took 5 business days to send me the GIC certificate in mail. Dont worry they will respond in time.
Through wire transfer means through your phone? coz mine shows I can not exceed 1 lakh to transfer. so u did it through ur phone?

Jaspreet94

Nov 30, 2019
Hello,
Actually after getting a wire transfer mail with my account number from icici Canada I made immediate payment, however later I received a mail saying that there was discrepancies opening my account because my agent forgot to write the state. So I’m worried if my money is lost? Please help
Mine case is now I am worried i have to do next becoz it had been 20 days and corrected the discrepancy but again filled the same name like jaspreet bal of jaspreet gurudevsingh bal but i have also shared the passport photo