+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC problem. Please advise

theindiandude

Oct 4, 2013
I had submitted my GIC on 18 Nov. I called them on 21 November to ask the status. They had simply told me to wait. I called them again today. Today, they got a little pissed and asked me to ask the bank I transferred the money from to run a tracer. I also got a mail today from Nova Scotia. It says to ensure that the funds are transferred from the account of the beneficiary. I had submitted it from my father's account. Can anyone suggest what I should do? Will it be a problem. My agent had assured me it wouldn't be. But this new email scares me. The swift copy doesn't mention the account holder names. Simply the amount remited and my name along with the Nova Scotia account number.

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
Most agentss are Dumb. Read the text in RED on Page 4. http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/common/pdf/ssgp-application-guide.pdf

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
twentyone said:
Most agentss are Dumb. Read the text in RED on Page 4. http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/common/pdf/ssgp-application-guide.pdf
there is a little change to this though...although it is said that it should come from the account of the beneficiary there are ways to counteract it...eg my friend's sister was 17 when she applied and hence could not have a bank account with such huge amount...hence my friend's mom and his sister made a joint account and sent the money..

if Scotia has already sent you the email advising that they cannot process it you will have to send the transfer again.

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
dbss said:
there is a little change to this though...although it is said that it should come from the account of the beneficiary there are ways to counteract it...eg my friend's sister was 17 when she applied and hence could not have a bank account with such huge amount...hence my friend's mom and his sister made a joint account and sent the money..

if Scotia has already sent you the email advising that they cannot process it you will have to send the transfer again.
Yes, joint account with a parent is okay. See the second last question on page 4.

raj1990

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
theindiandude said:
I had submitted my GIC on 18 Nov. I called them on 21 November to ask the status. They had simply told me to wait. I called them again today. Today, they got a little pissed and asked me to ask the bank I transferred the money from to run a tracer. I also got a mail today from Nova Scotia. It says to ensure that the funds are transferred from the account of the beneficiary. I had submitted it from my father's account. Can anyone suggest what I should do? Will it be a problem. My agent had assured me it wouldn't be. But this new email scares me. The swift copy doesn't mention the account holder names. Simply the amount remited and my name along with the Nova Scotia account number.
Even I had transfered fund from my father's account but I received the GIC so don't worry. I was also in same mess.