GIC for SDS

arvindman

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Hi friends,

If you want to apply for student permit under SDS scheme, you will need to open GIC (C$ 10,000 deposit) with partner bank in Canada. For this choose any one of bank:
Bank of Beijing
Bank of China
Bank of Montreal
Bank of Xian Co. Ltd.
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
DesjardinsFootnote1
Habib Canadian Bank
HSBC Bank of Canada
ICICI Bank
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
RBC Royal Bank
SBI Canada Bank
Scotiabank

I don't know why but agents and people opt bank of their country which is bad decision. I think you should select bank of Canada origin like Bank of Montreal, CIBC Scotiabank etc.
After gauging various schemes I feel:
1. If your college in Quebec choose Bank of Montreal.
2. If your college is in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick choose Scotia Bank.
3 If it's British Columbia, Saskatchewan or Manitoba select CIBC.
4. For all others you may choose any.
Right now CIBC bank is giving very good deal on gic.
1.No service fees
2.Application done online in about 5 minutes
3. Branches located near most of the popular colleges in Canada
4. No monthly fees up to 4 years

++ It is giving $ 25 cash back on each gic if you enter email id of anyone who already has gic account with them.
After you get your GIC you can refer your email id to others, they will get $25, you too will get $ 25 for each referral.
To start the process follow below steps:
    1. Visit CIBC’s GIC link
    2. Click on ‘Apply’
    3. You will be redirected to the payment page. Here, select the Student GIC Program, the minimum amount you want to deposit, and your payment country i.e. the current country you are currently living in (Foreign exchange rates applied).
    4. Scroll down to the payment options and enter the currency in which you want to transfer your money. Then click on ‘Student Information’.
    5. You will be redirected to the ‘student information’ page. Fill all the information correctly. You will be given 20 minutes to complete the entire form. First, you will have to fill the student’s details (You will also have to upload your Admission letter in PDF or JPG format).
    6. Scroll down and fill the student contact information details. You will also have to set your password to login to your account in the future.
    7. Enter passport details
    8. Enter remitting bank’s name (bank account from which you will be transferring the money), bank account number, and PAN number (if available).
    9. Select the boxes and declare your agreement with the terms and conditions.
    10. In the referral section
      • For referral type, select “Other” from the drop-down list.
      • Write "arvind” in the Details box
      • Put “arvindman@gmail.com” under Email Address of Referrer box
      • Using that code, we bot will earn a $25 CAD bonus which will be credited to bank account with CIBC Canada
    11. You will be redirected to the summary page. Read all the information clearly. Scroll down to the bottom and select the agreement box. Then click on the ‘submit’ button.
    12. Your process is completed. The bank will contact you within 2 business days through your registered email address to provide you the wire payment instructions and your account number.
    Note: You can only make 1 wire payment until you arrive in Canada and activate your account. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
  1. Thank you.

Tommy19991

Aug 26, 2020
Hi,
can I transfer funds from my joint account with parents for gic even though my parents will not be my sponsor on the visa application? Will it be a problem later on?

Reactions: arvindman