+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC First Name No space allowed question

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Hi friends,

I have opened online GIC account with Scotiabank. There system does not allow space between 2 first name. So, I have used hyphen to separate the name. So, my name on passport is ABCD EFGH but, on GIC account, its showing like ABCD-EFGH then my last name. As per the instructions, Name and address must same as passport. Will they will accept my wire transfer with this problem??

Secondly, when I opened account online, They didn't asked any LOA or Passport to upload. They just gave me access to secure mail server and sent me account number to deposit my funds. Is it normal?

Thanks,

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hi friends,

I have opened online GIC account with Scotiabank. There system does not allow space between 2 first name. So, I have used hyphen to separate the name. So, my name on passport is ABCD EFGH but, on GIC account, its showing like ABCD-EFGH then my last name. As per the instructions, Name and address must same as passport. Will they will accept my wire transfer with this problem??

Secondly, when I opened account online, They didn't asked any LOA or Passport to upload. They just gave me access to secure mail server and sent me account number to deposit my funds. Is it normal?

Thanks,
Hello Sir i am going to apply to sds canadian student visa. The issue is that my whole name which is Rahil Khan is written in surname portion on the passport and my given name is blank there is nothing its empty.Now while applying to visa online on portal they are asking for first name which I don't have on my passport so sir what should I do I can't leave it blank because it is mandatory and I cannot use the sign of dash(-) in place of it because special characters are not allowed.Kindly help me

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Hello Sir i am going to apply to sds canadian student visa. The issue is that my whole name which is Rahil Khan is written in surname portion on the passport and my given name is blank there is nothing its empty.Now while applying to visa online on portal they are asking for first name which I don't have on my passport so sir what should I do I can't leave it blank because it is mandatory and I cannot use the sign of dash(-) in place of it because special characters are not allowed.Kindly help me
Are you applying for Visa at the IRCC website or a GIC application for Scotiabank??

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Are you applying for Visa at the IRCC website or a GIC application for Scotiabank??
Hello Sir for visa i checked again first name is optional and can leave it blank but for the gic i checked they are asking for first name so what to do and thnx for replying

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Hello Sir for visa i checked again first name is optional and can leave it blank but for the gic i checked they are asking for first name so what to do and thnx for replying
In this case, I strongly recommend calling Scotiabank, As I Called them a lot of times to clear my questions from India.. I will try to find a solution for this and update you if I get it.