+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC Duplicate Application form.

rocky_nitesh

Feb 11, 2019
Hi,

My old agent (Canam) opened my GIC A/c long ago in Scotia bank in Jan.

After that i changed my agent because i got better offer from different college from other agent(IDP) . They don’t know ar that time thst my account was already registered. They applied for my new gic a/c in march and got mail of dulpicate Application with different case no. My new agent didn’t continued after that( in which we have to reset the password of a/c to view ems mails)

In FAQ’s it is written over there that Don’t send Duplicate Application form if Application received more than once will be rejected.

What should i do ? Wire transfer with the old case in which i have got wire transfer details and a/c no. OR is there any alternative to resolve this issue so that my application won’t be rejected!

fade2blak

Jul 13, 2014
Alberta Calgary
I do have the same concern.
I have submitted my GIC Application the week of 6/10, realizing i didn't attached the required scanned documents. I then submitted another GIC application yesterday but this time attaching the scanned documents. after doing so, i got an email with subject of ""Secure mail waiting: [Secure] SSGP Application A-##### - Duplicate Application"" does this mean, my application got rejected? what should be my next steps?

rocky_nitesh

Feb 11, 2019
No, your application is not rejected.
In my knowledge you should proceed with the previous application no or case, in previous application you must have received your A/c no., use that details for GIC payment, do not use those details that you received in Duplicate application.

One more question - Did you use the different mail id or same id for registering the new application ??????

In my case i wrote the mail to Scotia bank on EMS Secure mail(by replying on the last mail received from them)
After 3 days i got the reply from them that- Use your previous application no A- ##### which is registered to this email id #####@####.com

fade2blak

Jul 13, 2014
Alberta Calgary
No, your application is not rejected.
In my knowledge you should proceed with the previous application no or case, in previous application you must have received your A/c no., use that details for GIC payment, do not use those details that you received in Duplicate application.

One more question - Did you use the different mail id or same id for registering the new application ??????

In my case i wrote the mail to Scotia bank on EMS Secure mail(by replying on the last mail received from them)
After 3 days i got the reply from them that- Use your previous application no A- ##### which is registered to this email id #####@####.com
I missed the 3rd step from my previous application, Printing the application form and attaching the documents. I missed this part on my previous application and I have not receive any correspondence nor application no. on the previous application.
I used the same email for both the previous and new application.

rocky_nitesh

Feb 11, 2019
Honestly, in my opinion you should have proceeded with the previous application. But as your email id is same you need to do this,

You should write an e-mail from your Scotia bank secure e-mail id by following steps :-
1) Click on Reply button in your last mail you received in your secure mail inbox.
2) Change the Subject to " SSGP - *YOUR NAME* *PASSPORT NO * *DOB * *CASE ####* "
3) Write your problem, message you can start with.
"I have applied for another SSGP application CASE -****** due to some confusion, for which I have received DUPLICATE APPLICATION on same email id - ******** .
I want to ask whether my first application (CASE - *******) will work/consider for Wire Transfer or the Duplicate application (CASE - ********). Also I missed the 3rd step from my previous application (CASE - ), i.e. Printing the application form and attaching the documents. Please guide me to complete my SSGP application and send the wire transfer instructions so i can proceed with the further processing.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt for the same."

Write your problem like this and they usually reply with in 2-3 Business working days(Mon-Fri).
You can also add more contact details in mail, if you have more problem like update of address, passport no, change of college,etc (with attached proof**)

IMP-Don't share any information to 3rd party.
I tried calling option also but there customer care representatives are always try this above mail option.

fade2blak

Jul 13, 2014
Alberta Calgary
Good Day Rocky__nitesh,

I have wrote an email to the Scotia bank secure e-mail id today. I hope they could provide more guidance and next steps for my application. Like you said, they may reply 2-3 Bus day. I will wait for any response this week any update you. Thank you!

fade2blak

Jul 13, 2014
Alberta Calgary
Just to update everyone
I called ScotiaBank 8004726842 and the representative was able to email me my account number and wire transfer details within a couple of seconds. I also have received a response to my earlier email to them with the same information of account number and wire transfer details.
So far I already made the wire transfer and it was already transmitted out from my local bank.

Question:
Nova Scotia's instructions was just to put First Name and Last Name (Same as passport) on the beneficiary name field. Is that right without adding the middle name? which I didn't.

Anandhu Rajan

Nov 5, 2019
India
Honestly, in my opinion you should have proceeded with the previous application. But as your email id is same you need to do this,

You should write an e-mail from your Scotia bank secure e-mail id by following steps :-
1) Click on Reply button in your last mail you received in your secure mail inbox.
2) Change the Subject to " SSGP - *YOUR NAME* *PASSPORT NO * *DOB * *CASE ####* "
3) Write your problem, message you can start with.
"I have applied for another SSGP application CASE -****** due to some confusion, for which I have received DUPLICATE APPLICATION on same email id - ******** .
I want to ask whether my first application (CASE - *******) will work/consider for Wire Transfer or the Duplicate application (CASE - ********). Also I missed the 3rd step from my previous application (CASE - ), i.e. Printing the application form and attaching the documents. Please guide me to complete my SSGP application and send the wire transfer instructions so i can proceed with the further processing.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt for the same."

Write your problem like this and they usually reply with in 2-3 Business working days(Mon-Fri).
You can also add more contact details in mail, if you have more problem like update of address, passport no, change of college,etc (with attached proof**)

IMP-Don't share any information to 3rd party.
I tried calling option also but there customer care representatives are always try this above mail option.

Scotia secure mail replies only on monday to friday.cause i send today morning and i didnt receive any automated message at all...why is that ao

rocky_nitesh

Feb 11, 2019
Just wait for there reply. They usally reply in 2-3 days.

My case was solved previous year with the old registered account. I’m using scotia bank services.

Joharsingh

Sep 8, 2021
Just wait for there reply. They usally reply in 2-3 days.

My case was solved previous year with the old registered account. I’m using scotia bank services.
I am facing the same problem,Have two different mails on both accounts ,for which one should i go,i want to use the second gmail account if possible,If need to call,which nber should i call and what will they ask me.Please reply,I will be very thankful