+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC CIBC

Ghosh

Jun 14, 2019
Hello
I have applied for SDS visa from India and I noticed that the information available about GIC account especially from banks other than Scotia is very less. I applied through CIBC and it was a very good experience it just took me a day to receive my GIC certificate after doing the transfer , so if anyone is interested don't hesitate to contact me for help. And if you like just give my email ID i.e. ghoshaakansha@gmail.com
in the reference section that CIBC provides while you create an account with them. This would give you 25 Canadian dollars as well as me.

sarathbp

Sep 11, 2019
I am new to this forum.

I made a GIC request with CIBC. unfortunately I sent FEMA form instead of A2 form. Fund got returned to my account. I am not able to create new request through their website.
Is there anyone went through similar situation ?

nayeemraj

Apr 9, 2019
Hello
I have applied for SDS visa from India and I noticed that the information available about GIC account especially from banks other than Scotia is very less. I applied through CIBC and it was a very good experience it just took me a day to receive my GIC certificate after doing the transfer , so if anyone is interested don't hesitate to contact me for help. And if you like just give my email ID i.e. ghoshaakansha@gmail.com
in the reference section that CIBC provides while you create an account with them. This would give you 25 Canadian dollars as well as me.
can I Have your whats app
number?

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
can we transfer more than cad20000 with cibc for gic?

Jul 24, 2022
Hello, I have opened a GIC Account through CIBC a few weeks ago. Everything got processed well and good and I got my GIC Investment letter too. However, today I received an email which stated the following:
"The available balance of your CIBC Bank Account ending in 5437 has fallen below $100. The available balance doesn't include any overdraft protection or funds on hold you may have on this account.
Please continue to monitor your account balance. If the account balance drops below $0, you may be charged an overdraft fee and interest, as set out in your account agreement. You may also be charged a dishonoured (NSF) cheque or pre-authorized payment fee, as described in your account agreement. To avoid charges, add funds to the account or manage your spending before the balance reaches $0. For more information about fees and charges on your account, review the Personal Account Service Fees (PDF)."

What does this mean? I have to go in Winter 2023, will i have to deposit any amount in the bank account besides the 10,000CAD i have put in GIC?

Dish45321

Sep 2, 2022
Hello, I have opened a GIC Account through CIBC a few weeks ago. Everything got processed well and good and I got my GIC Investment letter too. However, today I received an email which stated the following:
"The available balance of your CIBC Bank Account ending in 5437 has fallen below $100. The available balance doesn't include any overdraft protection or funds on hold you may have on this account.
Please continue to monitor your account balance. If the account balance drops below $0, you may be charged an overdraft fee and interest, as set out in your account agreement. You may also be charged a dishonoured (NSF) cheque or pre-authorized payment fee, as described in your account agreement. To avoid charges, add funds to the account or manage your spending before the balance reaches $0. For more information about fees and charges on your account, review the Personal Account Service Fees (PDF)."

What does this mean? I have to go in Winter 2023, will i have to deposit any amount in the bank account besides the 10,000CAD i have put in GIC?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Hey !

I’ve received the same email and when I checked with someone who knows this process, they happen to tell me that this is a general sort of email they send to everyone and can be ignored though I doubt.

In case you’ve received any other information on this which is different from this then please let me know as well.

Thanks

Reactions: ishitashreshtha
Jul 24, 2022
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Hey !

I’ve received the same email and when I checked with someone who knows this process, they happen to tell me that this is a general sort of email they send to everyone and can be ignored though I doubt.

In case you’ve received any other information on this which is different from this then please let me know as well.

Thanks
Hey, thank you for your reply...
I haven't received any further updates on this. But I will keep you in loop.