+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gic certification

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
Hi,

My GIC wire transfer to Scotiabank is rejected due to address mismatch. I got rejection email on 29 July 2022. Its been 14 days but haven't received the amount.

Can anyone help? How much time does it take to get the amount back? Any email id or contact number where we can connect?

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
Hi.

Thanks for the response. I have already sent multiple emails. and they are saying that amount will be returned within 10 working days but have not received any amount yet. Any idea how much time it will take?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Hi.

Thanks for the response. I have already sent multiple emails. and they are saying that amount will be returned within 10 working days but have not received any amount yet. Any idea how much time it will take?
Has it been 10 business days since you requested a refund? Try calling them instead. The page I linked to has multiple numbers. Use Rebtel if you want to call Canada.

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
Yes. Its been 10 working days now. I sent an email and now they are saying it will take upto 4 weeks. i tried the numbers but no one answers it. did you face similar issue? in how many days did you receive the money back?

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
Okay.
In how many days did you get your money back?
was your GIC rejected due to address/beneficiary details mismatch?

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
i sent it from my account but my consultant used address on old passport while creating gic account hence transfer was rejected

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
i sent it from my account but my consultant used address on old passport while creating gic account hence transfer was rejected
Should've done it yourself. Never let an agent/consultant handle money-related things - they always find ways to mess up.

For CIBC it's a very easy process. You just send the money via NEFT to an Indian bank they have tie-up with and your money is automatically transferred to CIBC. No need to deal with wire transfer.