+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
You're absolutely right. I never thought about it that way... God help us... and he certainly will!

Sometimes when I am extremely bored, I read old threads dating back more than a decade. Anway, just recently, I was reading late 2009/2010 Damascus thread. And you will not believe how unfair the system has been towards Mid Easterns. Iranians have been treated like sh*t for ever now. The people in that thread were all feeling hopeless just as we are today. They would read other sponsors get good news within 5-6 months and they would get a PPR letter at least a year and a couple of months in. It is the same for Africans. Basically, if you are not a westerner, your country is not a part of NATO, you are doomed. The irony is, the liberal government promised to do better than the conservatives. They said family reunifications are a top priority. I am going into 9 months. You are going into or well into 10 months, and look at us---- still waiting. Meanwhile, people that applied after us are either in Canada or waiting on their passports to return.

Africans and Middle Easterns are treated like dirt from their governments and the west. They don't win- ever!

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Sometimes when I am extremely bored, I read old threads dating back more than a decade. Anway, just recently, I was reading late 2009/2010 Damascus thread. And you will not believe how unfair the system has been towards Mid Easterns. Iranians have been treated like sh*t for ever now. The people in that thread were all feeling hopeless just as we are today. They would read other sponsors get good news within 5-6 months and they would get a PPR letter at least a year and a couple of months in. It is the same for Africans. Basically, if you are not a westerner, your country is not a part of NATO, you are doomed. The irony is, the liberal government promised to do better than the conservatives. They said family reunifications are a top priority. I am going into 9 months. You are going into or well into 10 months, and look at us---- still waiting. Meanwhile, people that applied after us are either in Canada or waiting on their passports to return.

Africans and Middle Easterns are treated like dirt from their governments and the west. They don't win- ever!
I am from india still waiting
I am going into 18 months stuck at background

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
I am from india still waiting
I am going into 18 months stuck at background

You are a rare case. What I mean is that your counterparts get their PPR within 6 months. And we all know why. India is not a threat to Canada. Interpol has all your info. Your government works with the west. You guys arent a leech to the system. Middle Easterns for the most part (now just like you, we have rare cases too. Where an individual gets lucky and gets their PPR within 8-9 months) are deemed as a threat to western society. They are not given the benefit of the doubt. Instead, it is "guilty until proven innocent". Iranian men ESPECIALLY fall victim to social profiling. I am all for keeping Canada safe and secure from terrorists and leeches. However, there must be a better way to handle Iranian applications. Not every Iranian is a government agent. Not everyone supports the regime which by the way, the west brought in when they overthrough the Shah of Iran. I mean, when their PCC states no criminal record, why is it not a clear cut case? Ugh. It is all too frustrating.

I wish you luck nonethless.

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria

It's discouraging to read all the horror stories about the immigration system. We have to focus on the end of the tunnel and just believe that we will make it. It won't stop because of you and I but we have to keep fighting and believe that it'll get better for the rest of us too. Good stories help motivate us in times of injustice, hopelessness and despair. It'll be alright my dear, I promise you.

• Love
Reactions: GyanLula

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
It's discouraging to read all the horror stories about the immigration system. We have to focus on the end of the tunnel and just believe that we will make it. It won't stop because of you and I but we have to keep fighting and believe that it'll get better for the rest of us too. Good stories help motivate us in times of injustice, hopelessness and despair. It'll be alright my dear, I promise you.

Thank you lovely. Just keep me posted. Your PPR will make my day.

• Love
Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Readytogo1010

Star Member
Mar 24, 2022
Category........
FAM
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-2022
Doc's Request.
N/A

Southern European here, home country is a NATO member and besties with the US/EU/Canada - 9.5 months and still waiting. VO is too small, and there's only one officer who deals with our country on all streams, and there's a massive backlog. Unfortunately, we all are facing major issues and delays with months and months of no updates....except for maybe Indians (lucky them)

• Wow
Reactions: GyanLula

Dixit patel

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
You are a rare case. What I mean is that your counterparts get their PPR within 6 months. And we all know why. India is not a threat to Canada. Interpol has all your info. Your government works with the west. You guys arent a leech to the system. Middle Easterns for the most part (now just like you, we have rare cases too. Where an individual gets lucky and gets their PPR within 8-9 months) are deemed as a threat to western society. They are not given the benefit of the doubt. Instead, it is "guilty until proven innocent". Iranian men ESPECIALLY fall victim to social profiling. I am all for keeping Canada safe and secure from terrorists and leeches. However, there must be a better way to handle Iranian applications. Not every Iranian is a government agent. Not everyone supports the regime which by the way, the west brought in when they overthrough the Shah of Iran. I mean, when their PCC states no criminal record, why is it not a clear cut case? Ugh. It is all too frustrating.

I wish you luck nonethless.
Not true! I waited for more than a year, nearly 14 months. I also know many people who have been waiting similar time as Reetu.

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
Not true! I waited for more than a year, nearly 14 months. I also know many people who have been waiting similar time as Reetu.

Not true that most Indians get their applications processed within 5-6 months? So all these fine people telling us they got their PPR are lying? And those guys on Youtube saying the samething are also lying?

I said there are rare cases when it takes longer than 5-6 months, just as we have one or two people get their PPR less than a year in. It still doesn't change the fact that Indians applying within and outside of Canada are favoured over Middle Easterns and especially Iranians.

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga (Spousal PR), CPC Edmonton (OWP), Calgary (PR Portal process), Montreal (Virtual landing), Sydney (issue of PR-card)
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
Not true that most Indians get their applications processed within 5-6 months? So all these fine people telling us they got their PPR are lying? And those guys on Youtube saying the samething are also lying?

I said there are rare cases when it takes longer than 5-6 months, just as we have one or two people get their PPR less than a year in. It still doesn't change the fact that Indians applying within and outside of Canada are favoured over Middle Easterns and especially Iranians.
I don't think nationalities are favoured over others... I think immigration has an easier task verifying information from certain countries vs others. This is just down to the fact that there is better cooperation between Canada and certain nations, information sharing is better, and so on... but at the end of the day each case is different...
Remember Canada is one of the most immigration friendly nations, even though the process is in some cases slow.