+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates and background check?

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Wow that's crazy. I also applied July and received rejection EXACTLY a month later. Now I applied and didn't get anything for 6 weeks... Very strange.
Samee, I applied on 1st of july and got rejected 1st of august. But like keep in mind that the national holiday came up and until now I haven't recieved the ppr because of it, they said 48 hours, I called the embassy today and they were like you can wait a little bit for it or email them and they'll see. Also the christmas holiday is also coming up, we really did apply in the worst time hahaha.
Which uni are you going to?

calcaholic_

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Samee, I applied on 1st of july and got rejected 1st of august. But like keep in mind that the national holiday came up and until now I haven't recieved the ppr because of it, they said 48 hours, I called the embassy today and they were like you can wait a little bit for it or email them and they'll see. Also the christmas holiday is also coming up, we really did apply in the worst time hahaha.
I am planning on going to the University of Calgary! What about you?That's true I forgot about the national holiday. My application was supposed to receive a response by the 3rd of December, but the 2nd of December was a national holiday haha. How should I contact them about my application?

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Wow that's crazy. I also applied July and received rejection EXACTLY a month later. Now I applied and didn't get anything for 6 weeks... Very strange.
Also from what I heard, ghost updates mean someone is looking at the profile so thats a good sign, and I also heard that you can webform them if its past the processing time.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I am planning on going to the University of Calgary! What about you?That's true I forgot about the national holiday. My application was supposed to receive a response by the 3rd of December, but the 2nd of December was a national holiday haha. How should I contact them about my application?
It was not only the 2nd of december, the holiday was sunday monday and tuesday :/ You can webform them on the cic website.
Im going to Saint Mary's University.

calcaholic_

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for the info! I will webform them now. I applied online instead of on paper. I thought paper was slower :(

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
The problem is that the ghost updates were from 2 weeks ago. Ever since then, just radio silence.
Lets see and hope for the best, Im planning on also waiting until tomorrow if I dont hear anything by afternoon I might webform them asking about the ppr because it says "your application was approved you need to send us your passport to finalize it, check below for messages." on the final decision bar but until now I cant seem to find it even on my gmail's spam, idk

calcaholic_

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Last update is just a Submission Confirmation. No passport request for 6 weeks. Normal processing time is 5 weeks. 3 ghost updates since I applied.

calcaholic_

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Lets see and hope for the best, Im planning on also waiting until tomorrow if I dont hear anything by afternoon I might webform them asking about the ppr because it says "your application was approved you need to send us your passport to finalize it, check below for messages." on the final decision bar but until now I cant seem to find it even on my gmail's spam, idk
I think I heard somewhere that even if you dont get the message, you can go to vfs and submit your passport. Not 100% sure, though.

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
You still didn’t get your passport request? That is actually strange. What’s the last thing on your application? Is it a correspondence letter? Because usually they give a correspondence letter and it’s either they update your application rightaway saying whether it’s approved or refused. And if it’s approved, there’s a original passport request.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
You still didn’t get your passport request? That is actually strange. What’s the last thing on your application? Is it a correspondence letter? Because usually they give a correspondence letter and it’s either they update your application rightaway saying whether it’s approved or refused. And if it’s approved, there’s a original passport request.
its updated to approved but without the ppr! the embassy told me to either wait or webform them.