+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost Update?

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Hi,

I have received a ghost update 2 days ago, followed by email 24hrs later. I have seen somewhere in this forum that this is normally followed by PPR. However, still haven't received any other updates up till now.

Is this a good sign and should I be expecting something soon? Or is it still going to take some time?

BG in progress since last week. AOR in March.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
InGodITrust said:
Hi,

I have received a ghost update 2 days ago, followed by email 24hrs later. I have seen somewhere in this forum that this is normally followed by PPR. However, still haven't received any other updates up till now.

Is this a good sign and should I be expecting something soon? Or is it still going to take some time?

Ghost emails don't always mean PPR will follow soon after (even though I hope you'll get your PPR pretty soon !!). They happen when your file has either changed from a V.O. to another or because its status has changed (BG not needed to in progress for example).

What was the email you received about ?

I received a ghost emails when my application status changed from Background not started to Background in progress.

In average, PPR usually comes AOR + 3-6 months.

Are you CEC, FSW, Inland... ?

Wish you the best :)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
InGodITrust said:
Hi,

Anything except the mail saying your application is rejected...is only for good good and good. all the best for ppr

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
InGodITrust said:
Hi,

Well, as GoHaPPyCaN already said, it doesn't really mean PPR, but it means that some work is being done on your application. And if all your documents are okay (as is the case with the majority of applicants), then that means it's a step towards PPR, so it's a good thing. You can see in my signature my timeline from ghost emails to PPR.

GoHaPPyCaN said:
I received a ghost emails when my application status changed from Background not started to Background in progress.
Those were not ghost emails then, just regular update emails? Ghost emails are when you get an email that your profile was updated, but there wasn't actually any update. Sorry to butt in, I just thought it would be easier if we had a more clear terminology on the forum :)

Reactions: sevenintheocean

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Ghost emails don't always mean PPR will follow soon after (even though I hope you'll get your PPR pretty soon !!). They happen when your file has either changed from a V.O. to another or because its status has changed (BG not needed to in progress for example).

What was the email you received about ?

In average, PPR usually comes AOR + 3-6 months.

Are you CEC, FSW, Inland... ?

Wish you the best :)
Oh I see, thanks. I'm PNP Outland. Guess I just have to wait and see. Best of luck to you too!

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
ellia said:
Well, as GoHaPPyCaN already said, it doesn't really mean PPR, but it means that some work is being done on your application. And if all your documents are okay (as is the case with the majority of applicants), then that means it's a step towards PPR, so it's a good thing. You can see in my signature my timeline from ghost emails to PPR.
Those were not ghost emails then, just regular update emails? Ghost emails are when you get an email that your profile was updated, but there wasn't actually any update. Sorry to butt in, I just thought it would be easier if we had a more clear terminology on the forum :)
Looking at your timeline, you've always had a positive outcome after receiving those ghost updates! So hopefully this is the case for me (And for everyone else going through this process).

Aiker

Jul 19, 2018
Hi,

Hello! So, when did you get PRP after ghost update?

rashii89

Jan 9, 2019
Just got my MEP.. Dint receive an email abt though..what next now? What and when shud i expect my next update?