+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost update after cancellation.

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi, guys! I have dreadful news - my pr application got cancelled. The reason was very stupid - in police certificate the translation agency wrote 2019 instead of 2020. The reason why the situation is horrible is that i had Alberta nomination that cannot be reassigned to other ee profile, so i can not start all over again. I filed the form on the site, included the letter from translation agency (that it was their fault) and a new translation. Also, i described the situation. After that I recieced ghost update. Tomorrow i will call them and once again and explain the situation and beg to re-open the case. What do you think about this situation? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi, guys! I have dreadful news - my pr application got cancelled. The reason was very stupid - in police certificate the translation agency wrote 2019 instead of 2020. The reason why the situation is horrible is that i had Alberta nomination that cannot be reassigned to other ee profile, so i can not start all over again. I filed the form on the site, included the letter from translation agency (that it was their fault) and a new translation. Also, i described the situation. After that I recieced ghost update. Tomorrow i will call them and once again and explain the situation and beg to re-open the case. What do you think about this situation? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
It's indeed a sad situation. You have done the right thing by uploading new letter and in few cases posted on the forum IRCC has reconsidered and reopened the case. But there is no guarantee and it all depends on your luck and generosity of the officer looking at your case.

Not sure calling will make any difference. But doesn't hurt to try.

Finally it's just not translation agency's fault. You should have checked the document for accuracy before uploading.

But mistakes happen and I wish you luck and hope your case is reconsidered

Reactions: reptiloid

SD_oinp

Aug 7, 2019
Create new EE profile and write/call Alberta to transfer PNP to new profile. Explain your case. Not sure about Alberta but Ontario nomination remain valid for 6 months and could be transferred if no misrepresentation or impact on CRS score.
Check validity of your nomination first, it would be written on nomination certificate.

Reactions: reptiloid

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Create new EE profile and write/call Alberta to transfer PNP to new profile. Explain your case. Not sure about Alberta but Ontario nomination remain valid for 6 months and could be transferred if no misrepresentation or impact on CRS score.
Check validity of your nomination first, it would be written on nomination certificate.
Alberta does bot transfer nominations as I read on this forum. Anyway, I’ll certainly try to do this.