+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GF rejected from Visitor Visa. How to fix

helpwithvisa2

May 24, 2019
how to fix this?

these two problems i guess.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

we completed all the documents, plus the extra optional documents required in the application.

How to address these problems.
Letter of explanation was as follows.

Dear Canada Visa officer,

My name is Shi Peiling. I’m writing this letter to explain why I want to get a tourism visa to Canada this August.

About 2 years ago, I met my current boyfriend (Erich Kamprath PASSPORT NUMBER). He is funny and thoughtful. We have a lots in common, such as watching Disney movies and travelling. We have been to quite a few cities in China which are Guilin, Yangshuo, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Chongqing, Chengdu, Guiyang, Xiamen, Changsha, Guangzhou.

Last November, his mother and baby sister came to China. We took them travel too. They like China a lot and as a polite thing to say, they invited me to Canada this summer. They wanted to show how beautiful Canada is and the most important thing is to meet my boyfriend’s family.

I have annual paid leave every year, so we decided to go to Canada this August about 15 days from August 1st to 15th and if I get my visa my visit plan is on the second page.​
She has documented with stamps from her current company, which is her family company, that she has worked there for 5 years, and is returning to this continue to work after.

as for money, she has approximately 15000 CAD in the bank account, Which has been from her Job over the last few years, she put the bank slips, and the letters from her current company of employment in with this.

A) what did we do wrong,
B) how to fix so it will go right.

thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's very unfortunate, but this is what a lot of people do and you are not technically supposed to use a tourist visa to Canada as a bridge into permanent residency. Your girlfriend could apply for a US or European visa, and travel to the US, to demonstrate that she can get other restrictive visas and follow their rules.

Beyond that, your girlfriend will need to demonstrate overwhelming reasons why she would return to China after a two week vacation - reasons that she must return home.

helpwithvisa2

May 24, 2019
It's very unfortunate, but this is what a lot of people do and you are not technically supposed to use a tourist visa to Canada as a bridge into permanent residency. Your girlfriend could apply for a US or European visa, and travel to the US, to demonstrate that she can get other restrictive visas and follow their rules.

Beyond that, your girlfriend will need to demonstrate overwhelming reasons why she would return to China after a two week vacation - reasons that she must return home.
A) she has gotten a European Visa already, twice.

B) how to fix.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Are you planning to get married and have her stay in Canada? The letter makes it sound like that.

"The important thing is to meet my boyfriend's family". "2 years ago I met my boyfriend - we have lots in common"..

That totally sounds like you're in a serious relationship and plan to get married soon.

helpwithvisa2

May 24, 2019
Are you planning to get married and have her stay in Canada? The letter makes it sound like that.

"The important thing is to meet my boyfriend's family". "2 years ago I met my boyfriend - we have lots in common"..

That totally sounds like you're in a serious relationship and plan to get married soon.
its in the cards. Shes a pretty cool little lady. nothing confirmed though of course, Definitely were planning to see how she could deal with Western culture first.

B) how to fix the whole situation?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
its in the cards. Shes a pretty cool little lady. nothing confirmed though of course, Definitely were planning to see how she could deal with Western culture first.

You may not be able to, now that you've sent a letter like that as part of a visa application. Have her apply for the US visa.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

The way to fix it is to convince IRCC that

1) She's not coming to Canada to marry you and then overstay her visa
2) She will return to China before her visa expires

Now that you've made it clear that marriage is on the cards (with that letter), I can't see how you can convince them otherwise.

The best remedy may be to wait for a few months and then reapply with stronger proof of her reasons to go back to China.

helpwithvisa2

May 24, 2019
You may not be able to, now that you've sent a letter like that as part of a visa application. Have her apply for the US visa.
The way to fix it is to convince IRCC that

1) She's not coming to Canada to marry you and then overstay her visa
2) She will return to China before her visa expires

Now that you've made it clear that marriage is on the cards (with that letter), I can't see how you can convince them otherwise.

The best remedy may be to wait for a few months and then reapply with stronger proof of her reasons to go back to China.
got it. so Being honest is absolutely not the best policy. Shame.

she has a job back here that pays her good money, its her family business, she will eventually take over it, or move up significantly at the very least. What are some examples of stronger proof?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

she has a job back here that pays her good money, its her family business, she will eventually take over it, or move up significantly at the very least. What are some examples of stronger proof?
So you're saying that if she came to Canada, and you got married, she would then return to China and wait one year while you went through the spousal sponsorship route? She wouldn't just stay with her husband while you did an inland sponsorship?

And if you get married, will she return to China to continue to move up the family business? Will you move back with her?

I'm not challenging you - I'm just telling you what IRCC will assume, and therefore she is not likely to get a TRV.

If you can write a letter than makes a very convincing case for the points above, and you can somehow convince IRCC that she will not overstay then she can certainly get the visa.

Alternatively, you can get married first (in China, or any other country), and then you can apply for a spousal sponsorship.

Or, as suggested above, she can apply for a US visa and you can go meet her there.

Reactions: Intianu

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

Things that she has to do that she can't do somewhere else.

I'm sure you know the vast number of Chinese children of wealthy Chinese business owners that have come to Canada and have stayed. Vancouver, Calgary, and even Edmonton have many. Just being part of a family business doesn't mean she won't still get money even if she's in Canada.

What must she do back home? Is she caring for her parents in any way? Are there specific dates she must be home to do things for the family business? Things like that. Hell, my fiancee used an example of a cat with separation anxiety as a reason to return to China before too long.

Think of it like a balancing scale: on one side, there's you and the ticket to permanent residency in Canada. What is on the other side that balances towards her returning home? The family business doesn't - her parents will still send her money even if she's not in China.

helpwithvisa2

May 24, 2019
So you're saying that if she came to Canada, and you got married, she would then return to China and wait one year while you went through the spousal sponsorship route? She wouldn't just stay with her husband while you did an inland sponsorship?

And if you get married, will she return to China to continue to move up the family business? Will you move back with her?

I'm not challenging you - I'm just telling you what IRCC will assume, and therefore she is not likely to get a TRV.

If you can write a letter than makes a very convincing case for the points above, and you can somehow convince IRCC that she will not overstay then she can certainly get the visa.

Alternatively, you can get married first (in China, or any other country), and then you can apply for a spousal sponsorship.

Or, as suggested above, she can apply for a US visa and you can go meet her there.
Things that she has to do that she can't do somewhere else.

I'm sure you know the vast number of Chinese children of wealthy Chinese business owners that have come to Canada and have stayed. Vancouver, Calgary, and even Edmonton have many. Just being part of a family business doesn't mean she won't still get money even if she's in Canada.

What must she do back home? Is she caring for her parents in any way? Are there specific dates she must be home to do things for the family business? Things like that. Hell, my fiancee used an example of a cat with separation anxiety as a reason to return to China before too long.

Think of it like a balancing scale: on one side, there's you and the ticket to permanent residency in Canada. What is on the other side that balances towards her returning home? The family business doesn't - her parents will still send her money even if she's not in China.
just to confirm, we are already screwed on Resubmitting, with taking everything related to boyfriend out and resubmitting as an individual with a invitation letter. correct? as they will look at prior information also, correct?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
just to confirm, we are already screwed on Resubmitting, with taking everything related to boyfriend out and resubmitting as an individual with a invitation letter. correct? as they will look at prior information also, correct?
Yes, they will look at the previous application. No way of getting around that.

helpwithvisa2

May 24, 2019
a
Yes, they will look at the previous application. No way of getting around that.
allright. figured.

so, can someone spell out our options? What options do i have between the various visas.

sounds like reapplying just isnt a viable solution. anything else?