+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting your H1B Visa Stamped in Canada

gnosticman

Sep 25, 2017
Guys,

I got my H-1B stamping done in Toronto based on my recently approved Canadian PR. However, it has been 10 days since they held my passport and I'm not able to get any better status or reach out to anyone - except the online "Administrative Processing" status on my application.

Is there anyway possible or anyone I can meet within US Consulate to get the status / expedite the process? I have an utmost urgency to returning back to US and the wait is killing me.

I have no shady profile or employer, I-140 approved for 5 years, been in US for 10 years.

Any help or positive direction is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Guys,

I got my H-1B stamping done in Toronto based on my recently approved Canadian PR. However, it has been 10 days since they held my passport and I'm not able to get any better status or reach out to anyone - except the online "Administrative Processing" status on my application.

Is there anyway possible or anyone I can meet within US Consulate to get the status / expedite the process? I have an utmost urgency to returning back to US and the wait is killing me.

I have no shady profile or employer, I-140 approved for 5 years, been in US for 10 years.

Thanks.
What did they say during interview? If they hadn't issued anything like 221g, then this status is quite normal and you should get back the passport soon. If they had issued 221g, it might take longer as they would have to verify your employment

gnosticman

Sep 25, 2017
What did they say during interview? If they hadn't issued anything like 221g, then this status is quite normal and you should get back the passport soon. If they had issued 221g, it might take longer as they would have to verify your employment
They told me that my H-1B Visa is approved and I will get my passport with the stamp. That surprises me for the delay :(

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Hi,

Did you go for the H1b visa stamping in Canada? I am in a similar situation and would like to hear about your experience.
Hi, I havent got the stamping done yet as I am still waiting for my transfer to happen. Once that is done, I will get my H1B stamp so that I can visit the client site from time to time.

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Hi, I havent got the stamping done yet as I am still waiting for my transfer to happen. Once that is done, I will get my H1B stamp so that I can visit the client site from time to time.
Thanks.

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Guys,

Thanks.
Hey, sorry to hear about the delay.

It seems to be common these days. Can you tell me what is the wait time to get visa appointment in Toronto based on your experience.

gnosticman

Sep 25, 2017
Hey, sorry to hear about the delay.

It seems to be common these days. Can you tell me what is the wait time to get visa appointment in Toronto based on your experience.
Yup.. be prepared for at least 15 days after the interview. I'm finally getting my passport tomorrow.

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Yup.. be prepared for at least 15 days after the interview. I'm finally getting my passport tomorrow.
Congratulations!

I am looking at appointments in Toronto and the earliest availability is in March. I don't want to miss out on the date. But I really need something sooner than March. So if I get an earlier date, can I reschedule or will I be stuck with whatever date I pick?

gnosticman

Sep 25, 2017
Congratulations!

I am looking at appointments in Toronto and the earliest availability is in March. I don't want to miss out on the date. But I really need something sooner than March. So if I get an earlier date, can I reschedule or will I be stuck with whatever date I pick?
Yes.. I had booked for 21st December before, but later with no cost I changed it to 1st December. Moreover, if you need more earlier date - then you can also try Ottawa. It is only 4 hrs drive away and have lot many current dates.

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Yes.. I had booked for 21st December before, but later with no cost I changed it to 1st December. Moreover, if you need more earlier date - then you can also try Ottawa. It is only 4 hrs drive away and have lot many current dates.
Thanks! That is very helpful. If I change the location from Toronto to Ottawa, will I need to re-do the DS 160?

gnosticman

Sep 25, 2017
Thanks! That is very helpful. If I change the location from Toronto to Ottawa, will I need to re-do the DS 160?
Unfortunately - yes. What you can do is:
1. Try to "Reschedule" the current appointment - that will allow you to see the dates available for Ottawa as well.
2. Then make a choice if you want to go through the ordeal of DS-160 with the new fees payment for Ottawa appointment and cancel the Toronto one (no refund).
3. Or stick to Toronto and keep checking for dates opening up.

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Unfortunately - yes. What you can do is:
1. Try to "Reschedule" the current appointment - that will allow you to see the dates available for Ottawa as well.
2. Then make a choice if you want to go through the ordeal of DS-160 with the new fees payment for Ottawa appointment and cancel the Toronto one (no refund).
3. Or stick to Toronto and keep checking for dates opening up.
Hey, I decided to stick with Toronto and could reschedule for an earlier date. Thank you for your help!

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hello Friends,
I have a question on H1B Stamping. I recently got my Canada PR approved and need to do soft landing before November 2018. My H1B was renewed in March 2018 and so my passport does not have new stamping.
From whatever I could gather from all sources, I am but confused on Drop bx option.
While I qualify for all the criteria ( same employer as last time, same visa class, last stamping from India etc ), I am not sure if Drop box is available in Canada or is it only in home country(India) ?

Could someone please confirm this to me ?