+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting the passport stamped in a country that one is not a citizen or a resident of

rajatkhare

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
I'm a Permanent Resident of Canada and an Indian citizen and applying for a visitor visa for my parents who are Indian citizens.
They will be visiting The Netherlands on a Schengen visa first. Can they get the process done while in The Netherlands like submitting their biometrics and passports or do they need to be in India?
Does anyone have experience with this?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I'm a Permanent Resident of Canada and an Indian citizen and applying for a visitor visa for my parents who are Indian citizens.
They will be visiting The Netherlands on a Schengen visa first. Can they get the process done while in The Netherlands like submitting their biometrics and passports or do they need to be in India?
Does anyone have experience with this?
During covid many students went to Dubai for Biometric and stamped their passport because services were stopped in India. Their process was smooth and now all of them are in Canada. Here in UK, I have seen many people went to India for Biometric and later they stamped their passport in the UK. Even my Biometric was in Mumbai and stamped my passport here in the London. I hope you got your answer.

Reactions: rajatkhare

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
One thing keep in mind that if your Biometric and passport submission process in the same vfs or country then you don't need to pay transmission fees else you need to pay transmission fees for stamping.

Reactions: rajatkhare