+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting the new PR Card

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

I made my landing on the 30th of April 2022 at YYZ. During the landing, the Officer took the COPR copies & passport, took his time, and asked us to appear in front of a camera for a photograph. He took our address in Canada, signed both COPRs, and returned with us one copy of COPR. One of my friends confused me that we needed to apply for the PR in an application form along with a photograph and submit it to the Officer. It never happened. Upon checking the IRCC website, it mentions the below,

I am a new permanent resident. Do I need to apply for a PR Card?
If you are a new permanent resident, you will automatically receive your new card by mail when you first arrive in Canada. This is part of the immigration process and you do not need to apply for a PR Card.
Link: IRCC advice on PR for new arrivals

When I checked the system using their application tracker the below information was displayed.

Applicants for permanent residence can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status by creating an online account. Find out how.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLYif you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

The question now is, did I miss any step at the airport? Will I be getting the PR card? Should I now need to apply for a PR card with a new form? Kindly advise. @scylla @canuck78 @legalfalcon @PMM @Leon @dankboi

Regards
Vimalan

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

I made my landing on the 30th of April 2022 at YYZ. During the landing, the Officer took the COPR copies & passport, took his time, and asked us to appear in front of a camera for a photograph. He took our address in Canada, signed both COPRs, and returned with us one copy of COPR. One of my friends confused me that we needed to apply for the PR in an application form along with a photograph and submit it to the Officer. It never happened. Upon checking the IRCC website, it mentions the below,

Link: IRCC advice on PR for new arrivals

When I checked the system using their application tracker the below information was displayed.

The question now is, did I miss any step at the airport? Will I be getting the PR card? Should I now need to apply for a PR card with a new form? Kindly advise. @scylla @canuck78 @legalfalcon @PMM @Leon @dankboi

Regards
Vimalan
1/ If you gave a Canadian address the PR card is processed by CBSA and mailed out. The posted processing time is 71 days plus mailing time.

Reactions: paneka penalty

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi

1/ If you gave a Canadian address the PR card is processed by CBSA and mailed out. The posted processing time is 71 days plus mailing time.
Hi, how do we know once IRCC mail the PR card? Do we get any email or some update in the GCKey account?

Reactions: Vimalan

stscorcher

Jun 9, 2022
Hi, how do we know once IRCC mail the PR card? Do we get any email or some update in the GCKey account?
Yes, you can link your PR Card Application process using the info present in the COPR to GCKey.

my two cents: I had the issue with place of birth. Entering the info on the COPR errored out. So I went to see what was there in my passport and entered it and was able to link it.
COPR: XXXXX
Passport: XXXXX, XXXX
(I even entered the comma and space)

So If your passport has place of Birth: "Abcergo, Qrstu Vwx" enter it exactly how it is with the space and comma

ashraf07

Dec 22, 2014
Hello,

I sponsored my wife and she landed on March 14th, 2022 at YVR. We still have not received her first PR card. The officer said they will mail the PR card to us and we do not have to do anything extra. Any ideas on the timeframe? I see the current timeline is 71 days.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I sponsored my wife and she landed on March 14th, 2022 at YVR. We still have not received her first PR card. The officer said they will mail the PR card to us and we do not have to do anything extra. Any ideas on the timeframe? I see the current timeline is 71 days.
1. The posted processing time is 71 days, plus mailing time. Contact CIC via webform/telephone.

Arbz

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
landed on 15 June 2022 they ask me to send pr photo again on Aug 25, which they received on 30th Aug. so how long I have to wait

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
landed on 15 June 2022 they ask me to send pr photo again on Aug 25, which they received on 30th Aug. so how long I have to wait
Did you mail them with tracking or without tracking ?

Arbz

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Called cic and they told me they are opening photo envelopes from month of May. I’ve send the photos in Aug.

Reactions: YVR123