+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting SIN number online

piyush.mnnit

Jul 8, 2020
I applied for the SIN number online on 1st Feb. I have not received any communication from them yet. I know it is early to enquire but my salary won't be credited until I get the SIN number. Waiting for the helpline number is more than 20 minutes.

Has anyone else recently applied for the SIN number online? How was your experience?.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You're within the processing time, the thing is that while you apply online they send it to you by mail.

So that's why it takes a few days.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on 23rd January and still haven't received it yet. Anyone in the same boat?

piyush.mnnit

Jul 8, 2020
I applied on 23rd January and still haven't received it yet. Anyone in the same boat?
Call their helpline number and wait, they will pick your call but it may take the waiting time of 20-40 mins. Then you can ask the status of your sin number application.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call their helpline number and wait, they will pick your call but it may take the waiting time of 20-40 mins. Then you can ask the status of your sin number application.
Thanks, I called and the agent told me that my spouse's SIN application was rejected. They needed a proof of address as well which my spouse doesn't have as everything is under my name. The agent said that she will instead try to schedule a walk in appointment in 1-2 business days. Let's see what happens.
P.S. you were right the wait time was 35 mins.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Thanks, I called and the agent told me that my spouse's SIN application was rejected. They needed a proof of address as well which my spouse doesn't have as everything is under my name. The agent said that she will instead try to schedule a walk in appointment in 1-2 business days. Let's see what happens.
Hi We are also in same boat, can you please help with following queries
1 Do my wife , my child and I apply in different application or same
2. What address proof can be provided for my wife and kid as all the documents (lease/bills) are in my name

Annak92

Apr 18, 2021
Hello when you applied online for your wife did you submit address proof in your name? Your documents and marriage certificate as well.. I am in the same boat..