+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PR while currently on a working visa

Ihakal

Oct 25, 2016
Hi all
My husband and I are both New Zealanders currently in Canada on a working holiday visa which expires in September 2017. We want to apply for a PR but I have no idea where to start! I understand it's easier if we have someone sponsoring us, like our employers, but I'm not too sure what that even envolves! Is there a cost that they would have to pay? Or is it just a bunch of paper work? And if they don't want to sponsor us what's our next option? A lot of people have told me to get an immigration lawyer but we really don't have that kind of money to throw around. If anyone has any light they can shed I would be so grateful.
Leanne

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ihakal said:
Hi all
My husband and I are both New Zealanders currently in Canada on a working holiday visa which expires in September 2017. We want to apply for a PR but I have no idea where to start! I understand it's easier if we have someone sponsoring us, like our employers, but I'm not too sure what that even envolves! Is there a cost that they would have to pay? Or is it just a bunch of paper work? And if they don't want to sponsor us what's our next option? A lot of people have told me to get an immigration lawyer but we really don't have that kind of money to throw around. If anyone has any light they can shed I would be so grateful.
Leanne
Leanne
You may not even need an LMIA, LMIA would all but guarantee your PR but its not compulsory by any means.
you need to create a profile in express entry, get your education assessed, write IELTS and then you are in the pool - believe me its as simple as that... the higher the points you have, the better the chances of getting ITA (invitation to apply)

There are specific threads which deal with express entry step by step information, you can refer to those... to start off with however you will need to get your education assessed by WES, and also write IELTS, without that you cannot create an EE profile