+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PR Visa and job

Jun 5, 2019
Dear Concern,

I am a Bachelor of Commerce graduate with a work experience of 10 plus years approximately. Aplying for PR. But my role was a multitasking comprising of 80% into HR and 20 % into operations for MIS, Reconciliations, etc. I also have done Data Analytics course recently. Has certification of TEFL (Test of English Foreign Language). I also want to do my Masters in Canada in HR along with full time job upon PR.

1, Can I study? Will the organizations permit?
2, How to get job even before arriving into Canada? If yes, in which stream should I try?
3, Is getting PR Visa the first task or getting job?

Kindly clarify and provide solution

Thanks, Regards,
Sammi

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well

1)sure nothing to stop you applying for both a masters course and a study permit as long as is relevant to your current work experience and qualifications. In addition any masters need to show will improve prospects in your home country.

2)almost impossible to get a job offer from outside Canada unless someone has a skill not readily available, unlikely with HR.

3)you would currently need approx 450 points plus for express entry although alternatively worth looking at PNP. If you can get the points worth going straight to PR as opposed to investing in international student fees. As per (2) virtually impossible to secure a job from outside Canada either before a PR application or after securing PR. Employers generally not interested until an approved PR has actually landed in the country as a PR.