+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PR for new born baby

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Guys,

Hope all is well... me, my wife and a kid are already PR holder and at present we are in Saudi Arabia. My wife is conceived and will deliver a baby during Oct-2017. We are planning to go to Canada permanently during early 2018 (Feb or March 2018). Please let me know what is the procedure to get the PR for my newborn baby when I am still in Saudi Arabia.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You need to be in Canada to sponsor the child.

1) One of you could go ahead to Canada and sponsor the child, while the other stays in Saudi Arabia to wait.
2) You can apply for a TRV for the child and go to Canada, then sponsor the child.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Thx for the immediate response bro..really lovely...

Hope TRV is Travel Visa..

By taking Travel Visa for the new born, we (me,my wife and 6 yr old baby and new born) can go together in early 2018 right?

Also I hope I can take the TRV for the new born from Saudi Arabia? Pls advise bro..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muba said:
Thx for the immediate response bro..really lovely...

Hope TRV is Travel Visa..

By taking Travel Visa for the new born, we (me,my wife and 6 yr old baby and new born) can go together in early 2018 right?

Also I hope I can take the TRV for the new born from Saudi Arabia? Pls advise bro..
You would start by applying for a TRV. If they deny (based on that it is not your intention for the child to visit) then you can apply for another visa called TRP on humanitarian grounds stating that it would be hardship on your family to be separated while you do the sponsorship. If you are still denied, you would have to go to Canada alone and leave the baby with your wife. As a PR sponsor, you must be in Canada during the processing of the sponsorship.

If you get the TRV, it's possible that you could all be going to Canada in February. If you don't, the applications can drag on and you might not make it. I don't know when you got your PR but if you were already outside Canada for 3 years and must return no later than February for that reason to protect your PR, then you should. It's important that you keep your PR status in good standing in order to be able to sponsor your child.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Thank you dear friend for the detailed response. We(me, wife and 6 yr old kid) got our PR done in April-2016. Its been 6 months now since we received our PR status. We are planning to settle permanently in Canada during Feb/Mar 2018, by then we will have a 4 or 5 months old newborn baby.
Since my wife cannot travel alone with kids, my intention is to explore the possibility that we all 4 can go together to Canada and then get the PR process started for my newborn baby once we are there.

Hope the process explained by you will definitely help us. btw, what is meant by TRP? full form pls..
and if you have it handy can you please share the link to apply for TRV. I will start going through the link and do my research.

Many thx for the response.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muba said:
Thank you dear friend for the detailed response. We(me, wife and 6 yr old kid) got our PR done in April-2016. Its been 6 months now since we received our PR status. We are planning to settle permanently in Canada during Feb/Mar 2018, by then we will have a 4 or 5 months old newborn baby.
Since my wife cannot travel alone with kids, my intention is to explore the possibility that we all 4 can go together to Canada and then get the PR process started for my newborn baby once we are there.

Hope the process explained by you will definitely help us. btw, what is meant by TRP? full form pls..
and if you have it handy can you please share the link to apply for TRV. I will start going through the link and do my research.

Many thx for the response.
Applying for a visitor visa (TRV), you start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp and applying for a TRP there is no special form, you can use the same form as for TRV but a cover letter stating that you want to apply for a TRP as the TRV was denied and it would be very difficult for your family to be separated while you go alone to Canada to do sponsorship.

IrieLady

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 23, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 12,2015
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I have a similar yet different problem. My baby will be born via surrogacy, February 2017 in Jamaica and I am a Canadian permanent resident. I want to bring my baby to Canada but not sure how. I keep hearing of TRP? What is that? How do you apply for that?

Thanks.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
muba said:
Guys,

Hope all is well... me, my wife and a kid are already PR holder and at present we are in Saudi Arabia. My wife is conceived and will deliver a baby during Oct-2017.
Was not aware of being pregnant for 12 months is possible.. One learns every day.