+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PR Card Just After Arrival

MacGyver

Mar 1, 2016
Hi there... Going to land in Canada for the first time but will have to be back within a week.
And if I get the PR card within that period, it will be easier for me to enter again!

So, from Home (now) can I request CR to send my PR cards to the address in Canada (Where my relatives are living)?????

If you know if it's possible I want to update my address in the CIC website now, cause I will be leaving within a month for Toronto.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
CIC is currently showing 38 days to process your card after arrival. When you land, they will ask you for the address to send it to in Canada (your place, your families, a friend). They can courier it to you once it arrives.

MacGyver

Mar 1, 2016
But in some forums it is telling that: Sending PR Cards via courier is not allowed (The service providers are requested to send back the PR card to CIC if found not with the person/inside any mail pack)

The question is:

I know I will be in Canada just after 40 days and can I tell them to send my card in some place in Toronto? So that when I arrive, I can get my cards? Or I have to be physically present in Canada before it was issued to me?

I think, my cousin who will be coming home after 7 months can bring my cards with him...right? if I just go there apply for the card and come back within a week? (But still there could be problems like: they may ask for fresh photos)

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You have to officially "land" in Canada before they will issue the PR card. you can't call them and ask them to have it ready.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
They cannot send PR card until you physically go to canada and activate your PR status