+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PPR weeks after informing marital status change - Help !

Samurai89

Nov 30, 2018
Hi Guys,

Quick question, I have a bit of a situation.

My AOR is 16th Feb 2019. I got married on 12th June. Informed CIC on 30th June regarding my marital status change via CSE (Also sent wife's passport, birth certificate non-translated, IELTS, WES - basically what I had of her at the moment). On 17th July, I got my PPR and between those 18 days period, case officer had not got back to me with any document requirements for Wife. So on 18th July also I sent the second reminder that I'm married and on 20th I called CIC and informed the agent as well, she said wait for the case officer to get back to me.

What would happened to my PPR in this case? Will my case be reassessed all over again? Will it take a long time? I have all the documents of my spouse ready by the time I received my PPR (From translations, to work letters to updated proof of funds) but have no way of sending until the case officer asks me to. I really don't want to take the sponsorship route as well since we are newly married.

Please help me out with your advises

Many Thanks
Sam

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi Guys,

Quick question, I have a bit of a situation.

My AOR is 16th Feb 2019. I got married on 12th June. Informed CIC on 30th June regarding my marital status change via CSE (Also sent wife's passport, birth certificate non-translated, IELTS, WES - basically what I had of her at the moment). On 17th July, I got my PPR and between those 18 days period, case officer had not got back to me with any document requirements for Wife. So on 18th July also I sent the second reminder that I'm married and on 20th I called CIC and informed the agent as well, she said wait for the case officer to get back to me.

What would happened to my PPR in this case? Will my case be reassessed all over again? Will it take a long time? I have all the documents of my spouse ready by the time I received my PPR (From translations, to work letters to updated proof of funds) but have no way of sending until the case officer asks me to. I really don't want to take the sponsorship route as well since we are newly married.

Please help me out with your advises

Many Thanks
Sam
Hi,
What happened to your case after that?
Did you update spouse details on your passport?

Samurai89

Nov 30, 2018
Nearly one month after informing CIC, they got back to me with the checklist of documents for spouse. Provided them within a week and yet another two weeks later they transferred it to my local VO. They asked me for the same set of documents in addition to Biometrics payment for wife. Its been nearly one month since I provided all of that and waiting for her Biometrics letter.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Adding a spouse to an application post-ITA usually delays it by 3-4 months, so you're tracking right against that timeline.