+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PPR for PA inland and not for Outland dependent

reshah

May 26, 2018
Hi,

I am an inland applicant with one outland dependent for express entry CEC. I got a PPR letter, under my name, last week telling me to submit my passport and dependents' passport to the nearest VAC. I replied that I'm inland and my dependent is outland and was redirected to the portal for myself.

Now for my dependent, do I send her passport for stamping with the letter under my name, or will she get another PPR letter under her name after I'm landed?

Thanks.

Reactions: jk92

rsuriar

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
I have not seen PPR letter with the dependent name. It is under primary applicant name and asks for OVERSEAS DEPENDENTS PPR. But worth to check with Delhi VO.

Reactions: reshah

reshah

May 26, 2018
I have not seen PPR letter with the dependent name. It is under primary applicant name and asks for OVERSEAS DEPENDENTS PPR. But worth to check with Delhi VO.
Thanks. My VO is not Delhi, but I contacted them and waiting for an answer.

That's interesting that the PPR is under primary even if he is in Canada. I assumed it will be under the dependent name (as was the case for the biometrics request letter)

Hkd9491

Feb 22, 2022
I am having a similar situation, as a primary applicant I received PPR on my name , but my dependent is outland. Has anyone found the solution. Do I need to get the ppr updated on his name??

Chinmai89

Feb 28, 2021
Hello everyone! I am in the same boat. Can I go ahead and submit my outland dependant's passport for stamping with my (primary applicant) PPR letter?

Kindly suggest

rsuriar

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
Hello everyone! I am in the same boat. Can I go ahead and submit my outland dependant's passport for stamping with my (primary applicant) PPR letter?

Kindly suggest
If you were expecting a PPR for the dependent then that’s is the letter you need to submit with passport. Don’t worry about the name because they put the PA name on the letter.

Chinmai89

Feb 28, 2021
If you were expecting a PPR for the dependent then that’s is the letter you need to submit with passport. Don’t worry about the name because they put the PA name on the letter.
Hi!

Shall I go forward and submit my dependent passport in outland country with PPR issued in my (Primary Applicant's) name?

aravindkj1988

Nov 17, 2020
Hi all,
I got the ppr on Friday. I'm in Canada at the moment. They mentioned that if the applicant is in Canada they need to notify that they are in Canada using the webform. What are the next steps I can expect?
Thanks,
Aravind

Anand25

Nov 23, 2021
Hi all,
I got the ppr on Friday. I'm in Canada at the moment. They mentioned that if the applicant is in Canada they need to notify that they are in Canada using the webform. What are the next steps I can expect?
Thanks,
Aravind
Following...!

Please do share your experience and timeline on the next steps which you went through. !