+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Post Graduate Work Permit at the border

Hasan Uzunoz

Apr 21, 2018
Hello my name is Hasan

I graduated from Vancouver Film School at February 23. I want to work here but my school is not in the government's pgwp list so they will probably deny my application.

I learned that getting a permit from the border is easier than online or paper application. My question is should I try to get a permit from border? My friend told me that they can seise my pasaport is that true?

Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello my name is Hasan

I graduated from Vancouver Film School at February 23. I want to work here but my school is not in the government's pgwp list so they will probably deny my application.

I learned that getting a permit from the border is easier than online or paper application. My question is should I try to get a permit from border? My friend told me that they can seise my pasaport is that true?

Thank you
Don't waste your time... Online and paper only.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Vancouver Film School is a private institution any way so no PGWP. Unlikely they will seize your passport but CBSA may question your status in the country and may not let you back in if you do not have a valid status, valid study permit or TRV.